Monday Musings #42

October 20, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

It's been a good weekend, even if I think I've managed to get a cold! Better that I got it this week rather than next weekend when I have my nephew's first birthday! It was lovely to have lunch with my family before rugby on Saturday and get the chance to have a good natter with those I love most. Plus, nothing beats my mum's homemade soup! Of course, the day only got better with a massive win for Glasgow Warriors against Bath.

Sunday was a super lazy day, filled with blogmas planning and puppy snuggles. The weather was awful and neither the husband nor I wanted to venture outside or do anything major. Sometimes it's just nice to relax.

Anyway, on to those head-scratching questions...

What are you most excited about in your life right now – today?
I know it's still early but I'm probably most excited about Christmas at the moment. 2014 was a really big year for us with our wedding in August and then our honeymoon in October and now that they are both over I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do with myself. I sort of feel like all the things to be looking forward to and excited about in my life are done for the moment. Therefore I think I'll just focus on Christmas for the time being.

What experience from this past year do you appreciate the most? 
Getting married and going on our honeymoon. It was such a big step and I feel like I've learnt a lot about myself and us as a couple. Our honeymoon was our first trip abroad just the two of us so not only am I proud of the fact we managed it without any hiccups or fights but I'm also thrilled by all the little things we did whilst away. It was amazing

What is the most enjoyable thing your family has done together in the last three years? 
Honestly we do a lot of little things as a family that are always so much fun so it's hard to pinpoint just one thing. I don't mean to harp on about it but my actual wedding day was pretty enjoyable and special. It was so nice to have both sides of our family and all the other people we love all in one place at one time, celebrating us.

How many hours of television do you watch in a week? A month? A year? 
Actual television as in on live? Not a lot. Maybe a couple of hours a week but if you include Netflix and other catch-up services it increases astronomically. That isn't to say that all we do is sit and watch that box we keep in the corner though!

What is the biggest obstacle that stands in your way right now? 
Money. Isn't the lack of money always the obstacle that stands in your way of all the things you want to do in life?

What do you sometimes pretend you understand that you really don’t? 
I don't really waste my time pretending to understand stuff that I really don't. It seems a bit pointless to me. I'd much rather be asking questions and trying to learn more about the given subject. Maybe that's just me. Occasionally I have no idea what the husband is talking about when he's telling me about some of his computer games but I always listen and ask the appropriate questions!

What do you like most about your job? What do you dislike most about your job?
I don't have a paying job. I'm just a housewife and blogger. This is both a like and dislike.

How would you answer these questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. I am also a housewife and blogger, well and I work on art too! I finally sat down and came up with a schedule where I would work on my artwork all day and work on blogging stuff at night. I am so glad I did, I am getting SO MUCH done now whereas before I was spending all day just commenting on blogs. I do love commenting but boy does it take a long time to get thru everyone on my blog Bloglovin feed!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so lazy when it comes to commenting on blogs which is silly because I know how much I love getting comments! I'm trying to get better. It ough going staying on top of your bloglovin feed. That's another daily struggle for me!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I'm still torn between the idea of blogmas or not. I definitely want to try one of the blog every day challenges, one with prompts maybe but I like the idea of no prompts.

    Can't wait to see all these blogmas plans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to do one with prompts at another time of the year too. With all that happens in December I want to have the freedom to write about whatever I want for blogmas. I hope I haven't set myself up for a fall though!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .