Monday Musings #43

October 27, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

In one sentence, how would you describe your relationship with your mother?
Our relationship is strong and full of love and support which is amazing.


What was the most defining moment in your life during this past year?
Surely it has to be getting married. I believe that getting married is a pretty big step in anyone's life or relationship and should not be entered into lightly. Whilst I don't think it has changed much at all, I am so glad that we decided to go on this journey together and I can't wait to see where it takes us!

What makes you feel secure?
I have always said that the husband's arms make me feel secure but in reality it's just being with him in general that makes me feel secure. I don't only mean in terms of danger but also in regards to being secure and happy with myself and who I am as a person.

What is your favourite sound?
I really love the sound of the ocean but living in Glasgow it isn't as if I get to listen to it often. When we were in Portugal we spent a good half an hour on the beach one morning doing nothing but listening to the waves crashing. There's something about it that is just so calming. The other sound I love has to be the morning chorus. Is there anything better than waking up to the birds singing outside your window as the sun creeps around your curtains? I think not. Well, maybe waves crashing...

What are the top three qualities you look for in a friend?
  • Trustworthy: I think that all relationships have to be based on trust, including friendships. I like knowing that I can tell my friends something and it won't be spread amongst everyone we know in a matter of minutes.
  • Shared sense of humour/fun: There is no point being friends with someone who is dull as dish water or continually brings you down all the time. I need someone who I can have a good laugh with but who will also be serious when I need them to be.
  • Dependable: I've had friends in the past who have let me down time and time again. Now I make sure that my friends are people who will be there when they say they will and if they can't be then they have a bloody good excuse.

Questions I didn't have an answer for...
What’s something new you recently learned about yourself?
What’s the number one change you need to make in your life in the next twelve months?

How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I think those are the three things I look for in a friend too! I'm so glad you have such a great relationship with your mother! I love my mom, she is so funny and always there for me. She is amazing... moms rock!! :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, mum's do rock. It wasn't until I moved out of my parents' home that I realised how similar we are. I wish I saw her more often than once a week but I don't drive and she is always so busy with work and such!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with you on the feeling secure in the husbands presence thing - I feel exactly the same! He brings out the best in me and that, in turn, makes me feel secure!

    Emma | frillsanddoodads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I think that when you find someone like that then you know you've got a keeper! He makes me feel better about myself as a person which helps to eliminate at last some of the insecurities!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I think one of the reasons why I found it so easy moving countries is that I don't have that strong relationship with my mam. We're too chalk and cheese. We kind of need an ocean between us to kind of get along. Too many unsaid things, bad memories etc getting in the way otherwise. It's a shame. It actually puts me off having kids because I don't want a similar relationship to turn out if I was ever to become a mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a shame. I think when you are so different and want different things in life it can be hard to have a good relationship with your parents. I'm alarmingly like my mum in mannerisms now that I live with the husband that I understand why we clashed a bit growing up. I'd never say we ever had a bad relationship and we definitely don't nowadays. There's no reason why you'd be like that with your kids though if you have any. If it was me it would make me all the more insistent on having a good relationship with them but you never know!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .