Things to Look Forward to This Autumn

October 23, 2014


If you read Dear Autumn last week you'll already know that he and I don't really get on. It's not that I don't see the beauty of Autumn or enjoy snuggling up in warm jumpers, a hot drink in hand. I do, honestly. It's just I'm a summer girl at heart. I like the long days, sun streaming through my windows at the crack of dawn. I like not having to have the jacket or no jacket debate before leaving the house.

As always I try to see the good in things and so to prevent me from going in a strop or getting a little depressed this season here is my little list of things to look forward to this Autumn:
  • Watching the leaves change colours 
  • My youngest nephew's first birthday
  • Copious amounts of hot drinks
  • Cosy jumpers and woolly hats
  • Cinnamon and gingerbread scents and flavoured goods
  • Snuggles on the couch under a blanket
  • More Roxie cuddles as she wants more body heat
  • The sound of leaves crunching under my boots
  • Lighting candles 
  • More rugby games - even if it means freezing my butt off in the cold 
I know that it won't be as good as summer but maybe Autumn won't be too bad after all...

We'll see.


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. Ahh I love Autumn! Hot chocolate in my dressing gown snuggled up with a film :) perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely been drinking a lot more hot chocolate over the last couple of weeks! It just makes the cold dark nights so much more bearable!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. oh man the "jacket or no jacket" debate, I definitely have that conversation with myself every time I'm heading out...haha I love hot chocolate, I can't wait to make me a cup :D

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living in Scotland I have that jacket debate all too often throughout the entire year. It's now becoming the "should I wear my winter coat or waterproof jacket" debate. It's definitely getting too cold now to venture out without some sort of jacket!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Aw yeah the shorter days in Autumn are lame! I quite like London autumns though as they are still quite bright but crisp which is nice. Love all those things about autumn :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a good crisp autumn day but in reality autumn tends to be a lot of wet, dull, miserable days where I don't want to leave the house! I do not enjoy those shorter days at all!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Leaf color is my favourite thing about autumn. The weather here can be all over the place so the whole, jacket, cardigan, scarf debate is on going lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the leaf colours changing is one of the best things about autumn but they only look awesome on a bright, sunny day and we don't get too many of them here! Then the leaves get all soggy and make a right mess! Still, they are pretty.
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. The colours are pretty awesome and I do like getting snuggly in more duvets. Which reminds me, I need to get the spare out for when it gets colder. I'm quite enjoying wearing my beanie again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. We've just switched to our winter duvet and popped the electric blanket back on the bed. It's definitely nice to get all snuggly during the colder months! I wish I looked better in beanies but I sort of look daft!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .