15 Problems as a Dog Owner

November 11, 2014

 photo DSCN1317.jpg


When Hayley wrote her list of dog owner problems over on her blog Water Painted Dreams, I could relate to so many of them. Having a dog isn't all cuddles and playtime. I mean, a good majority of it is but it's definitely lots of hard work too.
  • Finding dog treats at the bottom of your bag
  • Pulling (empty) poop bags out of your pockets in public
  • Spending half the night awake, cleaning up dog sick because she probably ate something she shouldn't have on the ground outside
  • Other owners judge you when she barks or whines at their dog
  • When she refuses to move so you have to carry her so you can put her poop bag in the bin and people stare at you like WTF?
  • Always being paranoid that she will disappear out an open door and be gone for good
  • No space on your bed because, despite being a fraction of our size, she feels the need to squash us into falling off the bed
  • Hoovering all the time or having to live with carpets covered in fur. It's a real dilemma in my house
  • All items of clothing, old or new, end up covered in fur in two minutes flat
  • Feeling guilty for leaving her at home when you go out even if only for an hour or two
  • She always want to snuggle and lie on you at the worst moments - usually when you need to shower or pee!
  • When she digs her heels in when you are out in the rain for a walk. Excuse me, I don't like the rain either but I'm not the one who needs to pee outside!
  • When her puppy friends come to play and they leave toys everywhere. It's like having a toddler only they are furry and yappy
  • Good recall and obedience only in the house or garden but never in public in front of judgemental strangers
  • Telling someone how well-behaved she is and then she immediately does something to contradict you 
She may be a little nuisance sometimes but I couldn't live without her. She's worth it all.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Haha, love this and have been pondering a similar post for a while.
    I'm with you on the poop bag front, I pulled one out of my pocket the other day and tried to blow my nose with it!
    And muddy footprints. Everywhere. Always. No matter what you do.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Fortunately I haven't done that yet! Those blasted bags get everywhere. They end up in ALL your pockets! How come they always manage to put their muddy footprints on things that are white?!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Haha I love this!! I haaaaaate having dog hairs everywhere...I pretty much wear black like all the time so it's always visible haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. There is literally no way to get rid of them. It's a nightmare! I remember the lady telling us that we'd have to get used to the fur being everywhere and we laughed her off like, "Oh we'll just hoover more." It does not make a difference! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Eeee! I do like the new layout! (I'm super behind on reading blogs so I'm only just seeing it!). I'm limited with facts on the pet front, but I personally leave a lot of hair lying around too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's really lovely, isn't it? I'm so happy that I finally got my blog a wee makeover! I bet you can spot you're hair just about anywhere with the colours you dye it! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .