Awesome Things About Having a Dog

November 20, 2014

 photo roxie-1.jpg
 Gah! Just look at that face 
 
Last week I wrote THIS post on the problems of being a dog owner and thought that it would only be fair if I also included the awesome things about being a dog owner - or more specifically having Roxie in our lives.
  • Proper cuddles when it's cold. She wants your body heat and you want hers. It's a win-win situation.
  • Welcome home cuddles and kisses. Nothing beats the sheer excitement in that moment you walk through the door after being out for a while.
  • The little squeal she makes when she yawns.
  • Cute doggy stretches. 
 photo DSC01538.jpg
  •  Always having company when you are home alone.
  • Having a dog is a fantastic excuse and motivator to do a little exercise whether that going for a nice, long walk or chasing each other around a garden. 
  • Unconditional love
  • Exploring new places on walks
  • Playing chases and rough and tumble.
  • Dressing her up in adorable Christmas jumpers and making her wear her adorable winter coat. This is genuinely to keep her warm too though!
 photo 2110.jpg
  • Dogs are incredibly intuitive. When I'm feeling low or ill Roxie is always right beside me reminding me that I'm not alone and someone is watching out for me.
  • Likewise, if I'm having a particularly anxious time some snuggles make everything better!
  • You get to see the cuteness of their face. Every. Single. Day.
  • There's always someone to snuggle up on the couch with - or to lie on your feet and keep them warm in the colder months.
  • Seeing her grow and her personality develop into the loveable munchkin she is today.
I always say it because it's always true: Roxie is the best decision that the husband and I ever made. Wouldn't change that dog for the world.

Note: I had to restrain myself from overloading it with a tonne of Roxie photos. She's a right cutie-patootie, am I right?
 
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

11 comments :

  1. She is a cutie! I do miss the never ending cuddles that I used to get from my kitties - it was the perfect thing to make you feel loved and cosy in the winter! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats the cuddles in the winter. I miss Roxie's cuddles in the summer when she gets too hot and doesn't want to snuggly any more!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I'm certainly more of a cat person but your Roxie is one hell of a cutie! Dogs actually scare me a little, but I kind of want one I will be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really like cats if I'm honest. They're cute and all but I've always been more of a dog person. Roxie just melts my heart :)
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. She is so cute! My husband really wants a dog and this list of yours is making me want one now too!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are amazing! They are fantastic company when you're home alone a lot of the time. What breed would your husband want?
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Patootie! Now that's word I need to use more often.
    I always preferred larger dogs, but her little face and those great big eyes are telling me that I don't know what I'm missing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big dogs have always scared me a bit. A large dog once jumped on me when i was little and I was really scared that it was going to bite me so it kind of put me off them. I like little dogs that I can pick up and snuggle with. Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. N'awww this was so cute! I love having my two little dogs around too, their squeals when they yawn are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Roxie makes the funniest noises sometimes!
      Debi x

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .