Happy Birthday, Husband!

November 27, 2014

 photo 25thCollagepng.png
From 2005 to 2014

Dear Kami,

You're always so good at writing little notes and letters for big moments so I thought I'd return the favour albeit this is far more public than your hidden, typed letters. Still the sentiment is the same; it's time I told you a few things I've been thinking lately so bear with me.

We've come a long way since we celebrated your sixteenth birthday by go-karting with your best friends and family. I was so nervous to meet our sister and spend time in your world with your people but I really shouldn't have been. My driving skills were somewhat lacklustre but you know I've always erred on the side of caution and I do believe in the philosophy that slow and steady wins the race. I was definitely more old-granny than F1 but it's the taking part that counts, right? The ribbing I got from you and the boys was a little harsh maybe but I've forgiven you over time.

Did you ever imagine back then that nine years on we'd be celebrating your 25th as a married couple with our own flat and that adorable pooch sleeping on the couch? Probably not, it would have been a bit pre-emptive what with us only being three months into our relationship back then but here we are, doing just that and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I don't think that either of us are the people were back then but I guess growing up changes you. I'm just glad that we managed to change and grow together rather than apart. We've shaped and moulded each other, bringing out the good parts and attempting to banish the bad. The truth is I wouldn't be half the person I am without you and we both know you would completely crumble without me! I'm the glue that holds you together.

So you're twenty-five today, a quarter of a century. You're getting old. Just to scare you I'd like to say it's all down hill from here what with your quarter life crisis looming around the corner but I really hope that's not true. I hope you have a magical day today and that we get to share lots of other special days together in the years to come. Oh, and I hope I made a good decision on with the present I got you too!

Happy birthday, sweetheart! I hope it's an absolutely amazing one.

Love you always,

Debi x


Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. Awh this is so cute! my heart felt all fluttery reading this haha. My sister married her childhood sweatheart too and I think it's so cute and lovely that you have grown up together :) Happy Birthday to your husband! x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be lost without him if I'm honest. He really is my best friend and I love knowing that we have all this history and growing up stuff that we did together.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. You too are super cute! I hope he enjoyed the present and you had a lovely time together!

    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure we're that cute most of the time but what can I say? I love him! Haha. We had a fab day together - he even took me to the cinema and bought pizza. It was like he was treating me - on his birthday! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Aw this is lovely and I love all of the photos! Hope he had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's funny to see his beard progression throughout the last nine years. Took me freaking ages to find all the photos though. Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Aww happy birthday to Kami! i hope he had a lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) He got to spend it with me so I'm sure it was the best birthday ever ;)
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. Awwe this is so cute. Happy Birthday to your husband! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Cute is my middle name ;) Not really obviously cos that would be weird! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .