Monday Musings #44

November 03, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Well that's November officially here. I can't believe it one bit. This month will undoubtedly be filled with preparations for Christmas as with twenty-four family members to buy for it's never ending! It's also the husband's birthday at the end of the month which means the next three weeks I'll be panicking over what to get him and thinking my present is rubbish when I eventually buy it! Oh, it's good to be me.

Anyway, enough about how I'm going to have to spend all of the money this month. It's time to answer some more of these questions...


What is your favourite smell?
At the moment that has to be the smell of candles that have just been blown out. I've been lighting candles quite a lot in the evenings recently and whilst it is lovely to fill your home with autumn and winter scents, nothing quite beats that moment you blow out the candle. Weird? Me? Never...


What recent memory makes you smile the most?
Surely it has to be one from when we were on holiday in Portugal but it's hard to narrow it down to just one moment. I think being in the Monchique Mountains watching the sunset was a pretty good moment in recent terms but lying under the stars after dinner on our first night was pretty fantastic too.  They might only be little moment (and a bit sickly-sweet, lovey-dovey) but they definitely make me smile whenever I think about them.

In one word, how would you describe your childhood?
Enjoyable.


What celebrities do you admire? Why?
I don't really know which celebrities I admire. I have a few girl crushes here and there but I can't say I really get the celebrity worshipping culture. However, I admire anyone who uses their fame to do good and stand up for causes that they believe in. 

What is the number one motivator in your life right now?
My number one motivator has to be the desire to make certain things in life a reality. The fact that I want a three/four bedroom house and children (as well as a huge list of other things) helps me to get going every day and makes me try to work towards being able to achieve these things.

What music do you listen to to lift your spirits when you’re feeling down?
It completely depends. Sometimes I want to relive my teenage years when I'm down so out comes Fall Out Boy, Foo Fighters, Blink 182 etc. but other times I want something more mellow like The Civil Wars. If all else fails I'll pop on some Taylor Swift or Jason Mraz and before long I'll be feeling better.



Questions I didn't have an answer for...
What simple gesture have you recently witnessed that renewed your hope in humanity?

How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. That's a LOT of people to buy for. Rather you than me! Kris and I are so unsociable that we use excuses like 'the shipping is too much', 'we are poor students' and such to get out of buying presents! I'm not even sure we sent Christmas cards last year... yeah we did. Apparently they didn't all arrive, it was a big drama haha.

    It's also my birthday at the end of the month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, lucky me huh? That's what happens when you have a big immediate family and your husband has an even bigger extended family. Fortunately some family members get smaller gifts than others so it's a bit easier to manage budget wise. Still difficult to know what to buy for people though! Oh man, I don't know whether or not to do Christmas cards this year. Do you think I could get away with saying I want to be more environmentally friendly so don't want to waste paper/fuel etc? Ha!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Taylor Swifts latest song always seems to get me bopping and lifts me out of a bad mood. I am not even that much of a fan of her normally but this one just seems catchy and I can't help but bop along to it!

    Emma | frillsanddoodads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It was played a lot on holiday so it takes me right back to Portugal which is never a bad thing. I have to confess that Taylor Swift is my guilty pleasure when it comes to music!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Smells can take you right back to times and places can't they, but I get what you mean about that smell just after blowing out a candle. The smell of freshly grated ginger or cut grass have to be two of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love the smell of freshly cut grass! I'm glad that I don't suffer from hay-fever. Haha. I do love how smells can completely jog your memory about something you had forgotten or remind you of someone.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .