Monday Musings #45

November 10, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Another weekend gone, one Monday closer to Christmas. It's funny how when November shows up I just feel like I am going through the motions until I get to Christmas. Although, the husband's birthday is on the 27th, November turns into a nothing kind of month where we don't do much but complain about the weather, wrap up warm and start buying Christmas presents, kissing goodbye to the money that we've been saving all year.

Anyway, on to this week's questions...

If I gave you £1000 and told you that you had to spend it today, what would you buy? 
I think I'd try to buy as many Christmas presents for all my family that I could manage. I'd also probably buy the husband a 3DS for his birthday. He wanted one last year and his parents almost bought him one (for his birthday and Christmas) but then our Xbox broke so he asked for a new one of them instead as we use it for DVDs and playing together. I think I'd probably take a little money and buy myself a few pairs of new jeans too! That would be a lot of spending in one day and I'd feel so guilty or spending it all at once!

What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud? 
I'm sure it was probably the husband and Roxie playing together. I find the two of them so freaking adorable to watch and pretty hilarious too.

What is your biggest pet peeve? 
 Consistent bad grammar and spelling. I know that we all make mistakes sometimes but if you've gotten to your twenties and you still don't know the difference between your/you're and there/their/they're then I'm really not going to want to read what you have to say. Sorry not sorry.

Who was the last person you said “I love you” to? 
The husband as he left for work, obviously. If I'm honest, I say "I love you" multiple times a day to my husband and dog and I say it at least once every time I spend time with my family. Life is far too short not to say how you feel often.

What is your biggest phobia? 
I'm not sure that I have an actual phobia but I have plenty of fears. I'm scared of ants, spiders, wasps and swans. I'm scared of being alone or never achieving the things that I really want to in life. I'm afraid of unusual situations and travelling to unknown places on my own - thanks anxiety!

What are some recent compliments you’ve received? 
Most of my compliments tend to come from the husband. Quelle suprise! Whether it's because I cooked an awesome meal (I always do), he thinks I look nice (um..okay?) or I played well on the Xbox or during a board game (well, d'uh! I'm awesome) that boy sure knows how to dish out a compliment!

How many friends do you have in real life that you talk to regularly?
I just discussed this on my post on Friday, Saying Goodbye to Friendships. I honestly only count one person as a "real life" friend now if you don't count my sisters and husband which I don't think you really can for this question. Most of the time it doesn't bother me. I'm not one for too much social interaction (thanks again anxiety) and I'm much more of a homebody than a lot of the people that I used to be friends with. I'm lucky to have formed some lovely online friendships through blogging though.


How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. My biggest phobia on a surface level is doctors.
    I also hate woodlice and those joke toys of strange rubber textures and rugs that are brushed the wrong way. Things like that creep me out.
    If I dig deeper I think my biggest fear is being left behind, but it usually turns into a serious anxiety of meeting people and arrangements that involve places and times so much that I always make Kris come with me and wait until the people turn up haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certain textures freak me out. Like I can't watch Chicken Run (the movie) because of the way their feathers look at the bottom! Haha. It's a bit of a weird one but its true. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl!
      It's nice that Kris does that for you. I know exactly how that feels so much so I rarely go anywhere to meet someone unless Kami comes with me or I know EXACTLY where we are meeting and that the person is 100% reliable like my sisters!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I have so many fears - spiders, wasps, dying, hospitals, strangers, it's kinda endless at times.

    That £1000 question is really hard, mainly because I like to think and think things out, especially when it comes to money. It would be a toss up between booking a roadtrip to Washington DC and seeing loads of sights along the way or doing to the homewear store and buying everything we need to fix up the house a little more - paint, wood, new light fixings, ah i'm getting old lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's normal to have a lot of fears but I sure wish I didn't have some of mine!
      Yeah, I like to plan with money too but I found it easier to answer that question because the money would only be mine for 24 hours. If I was given £1000 normally I would save it and try and plan how to spend it probably over several months! I actually think the way you would spend the money is totally cool. Maybe we're both getting old!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .