Monday Musings #46

November 17, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Can we just start this week off by saying how amazing my new blog layout and header look? I'm so pleased to have a fresh look for the blog as I was getting bored of the old one and just needed a change. I'm lucky to have such a lovely friend in Ria (from NatuRia Beauty) who helped me out and designed this even when I didn't know exactly what I wanted. It's perfect. Thank you!

Back to business...

I think that this has got to be the busiest run up to Christmas for me in a good few years. It's just one thing after another at the moment and all I can keep thinking is please slow down! Don't get me wrong I love making lots of plans with the wonderful people in my life and having umpteen projects on the go as I prepare myself for the month ahead but a little me time is good too, right?

Anyway, let's move on to those thought-tickling questions, shall we?

How much money per month is enough for you to live comfortably?
I don't really feel comfortable talking about money in terms of numbers here but what I will say is we could definitely do with some more in our household albeit that I'm pretty cheap.

When was your first impression of someone totally wrong?
Honestly I can't think of a time or a person whose first impression ended up being completely wrong. I'm quite good at reading people and I've normally got a pretty good intuition when it comes to people. Of course, I'm sure there's been times I've been wrong!

How many hours a week do you spend online?
I think it's really hard to know just how much time anyone spends online any more. For me, I probably spend far too many hours online as having the iPad means it's always super accessible. That being said, I wouldn't say I use it obsessively and I most definitely spend plenty of time doing other activities too. Once I've checked through all my social media and stuff I'm normally pretty good for a while!

What do you love to do?
Write. Oh man I am absolutely loving writing at the moment. I've scheduled so many blog posts since I was hit by a wave of inspiration when I came back from my honeymoon and I've not really slowed down since then. I'm definitely planning on doing blogmas this year so I better get started on writing some posts soon. You know, so I have time to actually get ready for Christmas during December!

What specific character trait do you want to be known for?
I think I probably want to be most known for my loyalty and compassion. They are two qualities that I really value in others and would like if people noticed them in me too.

Are you more like your mum or your dad? In what way?
I used to think that I wasn't really like my mum until I moved into my own place and realised that I actually have a lot of traits that are the same as hers. Something I'm totally cool with. I'm also quite like my dad though with our sense of humour and such. Although I don't think I look particularly like them!

What is the number one quality that makes someone a good leader?
The ability to listen to others, I think. I'd never say that I'm a good leader but I am pretty good at listening to people. In fact I don't like having to lead anything at all but I always think it's important for a leader to pay attention to what their group wants and thinks otherwise it's all pretty much a one-(wo)man show.


How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

8 comments :

  1. Kris and have been talking about how much time we spend online lately. I used to think Kris spent way too much time online, but since deciding to take up blogging, I spend a lot of time online too. He is also a computer person and I enjoy using my laptop, so even if we aren't online, we are using the computer in one way or another, for TV, music, games, photos and such.
    I was sure we weren't too excessive and then I came to Belgium and I get the feeling having personal computers and spending a lot of time on them isn't really the done thing here. I have been known to ask a few people "have you ever been on the internet lately?" especially when they seem to think the most average things are weird haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I probably use it more than the average person does but with blogging that's probably to be expected. Kami is probably worse than me though. He's permanently glued to his phone for twitter which can be pretty annoying sometimes. I think it would probably do me some good not to be online as much. I think I'll probably take a break around Christmas time anyway.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Looove the new blog design! I really want to get mine done too but been a bit of a pain to find a wordpress designer - may have to convince my boyfriend to help me out soon! It is such a busy time of year - just had my birthday too so lots going on! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. It's pretty fab, isn't it? I'm useless with designs so I'm glad I had someone to help me out!
      Hope you had an awesome birthday :)
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Aw lovely new blog design Debs :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! :) Im glad to have had a wee makeover here :)
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. I didn't think I was like my mom either but I've realized I'm actually a mini version of her. We even look alike... I've seen photos of her when she was younger and it could be me!! It's kinda creepy haha

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your blog design... Its so gorgeous! Also...horay for blogmas :) I look forward to seeing your posts xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .