BLOGMAS: 2014, You Beautiful Year

December 21, 2014

 photo recap1.jpg

I know that there is still ten days left before we enter 2015, ready for a fresh start and filled with hopes and ambitions for next year, but already I'm looking back on 2014 and marvelling at all that has happened. 2014 was definitely a big year for me: we SET A DATE to get married, we went to see WICKED in Glasgow, I TURNED 25 and we finally went to the EDINBURGH FRINGE after years of saying we would. I went on two little weekend trips away to GLENROTHES for my dad's birthday and SKELMORLIE for my mother-in-law's birthday.


 photo recap2.jpg

Undoubtedly the most exciting thing to happen this year was finally getting to SAY "I DO" in August. It wasn't a big or particularly lavish wedding day but it was perfect in just about every way for us. Planning wasn't the fun experience that I had hoped it would be but our big day was incredibly special and even now I still remember how happy I felt that entire day.

 photo recap3.jpg

Being able to book our HONEYMOON and experience our first holiday abroad alone this year was amazing. I'm so glad that we went to Portugal when we did as the weather was beautiful and it is most certainly a holiday I'll never forget. How could I when LAGOS was such a beautiful place and we watched the SUNSET IN THE MONCHIQUE MOUNTAINS? Memories from that trip will be with me forever. It was just so perfect.

As for this blog, I finally reached 150 followers on bloglovin' five months later than I had originally hoped but I'm so thankful for each and every one of you. Although I quickly came to realise at the beginning of 2014 that it isn't all about the numbers it's still nice to have you come along for the ride. I feel like I've finally found my voice and whilst I'm still no word-smith having this blog has given me the courage to attempt to WRITE MY OWN BOOK. Something I had been wanting to do for years but never had the confidence to do so.

 photo recap3jpg-1.jpg

I've also written numerous letters this year: one to MYSELF AGED THIRTY, one each to AUTUMN and WINTER, plus one for my HUSBAND TURNING 25. Even SANTA got a letter this year although maybe not a conventional one. I quite like writing letters now. I think it's going to become something I do frequently although not necessarily to a person.

KAMI and ROXIE continue to be a massive part of my life and I am thrilled to have shared them a bit more with you this year. We might only be a little family but the fact that I have them makes me happier than I could have ever imagined. Every day I am thankful for all the wonderful people I get to call my family and those few who are truly my friends.

I think it's fair to say that 2014 was a pretty spectacular year. Sure, there were some ups and downs but I think overall it's going to be a year that I always look back on fondly. So many amazing things happened in these twelve months, in this year that passed by so quickly. I can't help but wonder what 2015 will hold in store for us...
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

3 comments :

  1. Woo what a lovely year, the wedding looked so amazing and honeymoon too! I need to get on to doing my own one of these posts, I think all I did this year was go on holiday and blog! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a pretty great year. I'm not sure how 2015 could top it to be honest. It's funny how much you actually do in a year when you properly look back over it. I'm so glad I have this blog as it reminded me of so much that I had forgotten had happened this year!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. This is totally unrelated but Kami kind of looks like Kris's hairdresser, except his hair dresser is French :)

    You had a pretty epic 2014 and I hope 2015 is just as awesome for you! I'm looking forward to tagging along for the virtual ride!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .