BLOGMAS: Christmas Lights

December 20, 2014

 photo ChristmasGeorgeSquare2.jpg
 photo ChristmasGeorgeSquare1.jpg
 photo ChristmasGeorgeSquare3.jpg
 photo ChristmasGeorgeSquare4.jpg

Without a doubt, one of my favourite things about this time of year is seeing places dressed up with beautiful lights and gorgeous decorations. Glasgow's George Square is always adorned with lights in the run up to Christmas and so the husband and I couldn't resist a little drive in the car to see them. For several years now they also set up a small ice rink, a fairly large Ferris Wheel and a lovely carousel which see plenty of visitors throughout the season. Naturally, the weather was rotten and so the photos don't really do justice to how lovely it actually looks.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Aw it looks lovely! I do love looking at all the lights too, I love driving around and looking at what everyone has put up, I haven't been able to do that in London but I am planning to do it when I get to Manchester! :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our area has gone a bit mental with the Christmas lights this year. There are so many houses that have every inch of their outside covered in twinkling lights. It's madness. It never used to be like that! I do like to go for a drive and look at them all though.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I love Christmas lights! We would normally go for a drive at home to check them all out but we're still in Belgium and they don't really decorate the houses here. There are some nice lights in town that I would like to get some photos of this weekend. They've got a polar bear light structure that I want to get a photo with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a polar bear light structure, eh? That sounds so cool. People never used to decorate their houses with lights the way they do now. It's crazy how many lights some of the houses have in my area - their electricity bill must cost a fortune! Shame Belgium don't really decorate the houses. That's one of the lovely things about Christmas!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. It's so hard to take good photos at night! It still looks nice and like a fun place. I love looking at Christmas lights around town :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! My camera kept disagreeing with me about the exposure even though I deliberately wanted it dark. Still, they didn't turn out too bad even if they didn't do the place justice!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .