BLOGMAS: Dear Santa, The Alternative Wish List

December 05, 2014

 photo 20moresleeps.jpg


Dear Santa, 

We're at that time of year where people are asking for a whole lot of material things from their loved ones and whilst I wouldn't say no to some new clothes, make-up and the odd book, I'm wanting something more important this year.

2014 has been a pretty crazy year. It certainly surprised me with being ten times better than 2013 - not that that was a particularly difficult task! I won't get into all the details otherwise it would make my recap of the year at the end of the month pretty futile but suffice to say this time last year I didn't think I'd be where I am now. Whilst getting married was at the top of my wish list last year I didn't expect it to actually come true. So thanks for that, universe.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about what I want out of life; the kids, the house with the pretty, little garden, the chance to go exploring and buy new things, and I've decided that this year all I am asking for is two things. So please, if you could be so kind to give me a big, old dose of patience and a smidgen of inspiration I'd be entirely grateful.

I'd like patience because I seem to have misplaced mine recently and quite honestly it's doing my head in. I'm finding it far too difficult to wait at the moment - wait for the right time, the right amount of money, for him, for her, for this, for that. It's never ending and I'm getting really impatient. I know that I should try and remember that life is not a race and that things take time. After all, good things come to those who wait or so they say. But have I not been waiting long enough?

According to the rest of the world I haven't. So please, please, please can I have some patience waiting for me under the Christmas tree this year?

Okay then, I hear you ask, why do I want inspiration? Good question. I'm just getting to that. Someone else obviously needs patience this year too. Add it to your list.

Quite simply I want inspiration because I feel like I'm floundering. Other than being a family person I have no idea what I want to be or do with my life and I feel like I'm never going to work it out. If I'm ever going to get that house with the white picket fence and three kids then I need to buckle down and figure out how I can financially achieve that. This is where inspiration would come in handy.

You see, I know that I love to write (see blog and my attempt to write a novel as proof) and I love crafts (see Austara Signs as proof) but as the last eighteen months will tell you, I can't make money doing that. So, if I could get some inspiration regarding something I like and enjoy doing coupled with the ability to make money I would be freaking thrilled. 

I know that it's asking a lot but at least it should be pretty affordable. I just want 2015 to be my year. The year I succeed. The year I don't look at other people and wish I had their lifestyle (or money). The year I can look back on and say, "2015 is the year I turned my life around."

So please, Santa... universe... anyone at all... if you are listening, please pop some patience and inspiration under my tree this year. I really need it.

Debi x
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. Finding something we enjoy doing and being able to make money from it is so tough to do... I would love to get paid to sit around and blog... well, I'm working on it haha Hopefully one day. You should try writing some books and selling them, maybe as e-books? I don't know much about it but if you like to write then that's something you should think about doing! I know you can list e-books for sale on Amazon but other than that that's all I know about it! Good luck :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting it to the stage where I'm happy enough with it that I'm happy to self publish that is the problem. As much as I like writing I'm not really a writer (yet). I think it will probably take quite a while to fine tune it until I'm happy - if at all! I also would really love to be paid to blog!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I think that your so sensible and mature in the idea of wanting traits such as patience instead of presents. Your idea of happiness is my idea of happiness. Can I just say as well, that your blog layout is so pretty. I think it suits you :) I think you should just go out there and give it your best, on doing what you want to do. You really can't know if you don't give it a chance. You say that writing is your passion, so maybe look into online magazines or extra courses?

    Kayla xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the new layout too!
      I can't afford writing courses but in the new year I want to start looking into perhaps writing for online magazines or websites while I attempt to edit the novel I've been writing. Who knows if anything will come of that (probably not) but I'm willing to give it a go!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I definitely agree with the inspiration thing.. Do you think there is enough inspiration for me to get some for Christmas too? It's so difficult to find something that you both enjoy and can make money doing.

    Emma | frillsanddoodads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there's enough to go around ;) I'm always so much happier when I'm doing something that I am passionate about so I don't really want to get stuck doing something I either don't enjoy or don't like.
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. A little patience wouldn't go a miss here either, and maybe some skills to stop letting things bother me. All I want for the Christmas, is peace and quiet. I want my family to come over, I want everything to by smooth and easy, to have a pretty good time and then just relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping you get what you want. I'm hoping that our Christmas goes by without a hitch too. To be fair, any issues normally turn up a week or two before the big day so by the time it rolls around everything normally goes pretty well.
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. I could do with a bucket full of patience I will be honest, mine goes AWOL a lot of the time, especially with social media. I want to get better with money in 2015, this year, with the house buying and everything else, we kinda blew threw too much. I'd say give the book writing a go - you never know unless you try as they say. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wouldn't say no to sorting out money either. We have been a little more loose with our pennies in the latter half of the year and we need to be a bit more careful if we're going to survive 2015! Plus it would be good if we could start saving a little extra so that in 2016/17 we could buy a house and have a little more than the money we make from selling our flat to go towards the deposit!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .