BLOGMAS: Family time

December 23, 2014

 photo FamilytimeBlogmas.jpg
My sister's beautiful Christmas decorations

I've said it before and I'll say it again; one of my favourite things about Christmas is getting to spend time with your loved ones. So you can only imagine how much I loved this past weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday was spent with my nearest and dearest with the promise of seeing them (and other family) several times in the course of the next week. I can barely contain my excitement.

I know that not everybody gets to see their family at Christmas (or indeed wants to) and so every year I am conscious of just how lucky I am. I'm fortunate that I have so many sisters that I consider my best friends and parents that would do just about anything for us. I'm glad to have all my in-laws who have welcomed me into their family and I know that I am incredibly lucky to have my wonderful husband, my absolute best friend in all the world. The fact that we shower each other with gifts, laugh together and eat a ridiculous amount of tasty food is just an added bonus.

 photo familytimeblogmas2.jpg
Scout, Mitzi and Roxie chilling out

I hope that in years to come, when I have a set of mini Debi and Kamis running around my home that they will have the same experience of Christmas that I did as a child although for them there will be a lot more relatives and possibly more presents because of it! Christmas shall always be a magical time of year in my house, filled with love, happiness and laughter.


* I've guest posted over on Sinead's blog, Dreaming Again, today. Be sure to go and check it out. She's scheduled it for 2pm so she tells me!*




Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Very nice decorations! I am also so thankful for my family and am so glad we always get to spend Christmas together :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas! I'm always a little envious of people that have a great time with their family, but less now that I'm older and I have Kris to enjoy my time with. Next year is going to be just Kris and I again and it's going to be quite lovely I'm sure!

    Merry Christmas and a huge Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .