BLOGMAS: Life | Christmas Decorating

December 09, 2014

 photo ChristmasTree2014.jpg

With December turning into one of the busiest months for us this year, we broke our December only rule and put the decorations up on the 30th of November. Okay, so it was only one day early but it felt so wrong! Still with ever weekend up until Christmas being jam packed with events this was our only real chance to spend a good few hours (in daylight) getting Christmassy.

Naturally the Christmas tunes were popped on Spotify and we got to decorating our tree. I'm not one for traditional decorations. I don't particularly like opposite colours together (red and green should never be seen) and I don't like gold. However, I do like purple and blue so they are coupled with white and silver on our tree which I think looks pretty cool. Get it? Purple and blue are cold colours? Honestly, Debi, stop with the humour already!  I like to pop a couple of pre-wrapped empty boxes underneath the tree too until the real ones come along!

 photo ChristmasDecorations2014.jpg

I think that our other decorations are pretty self explanatory. We have our little wooden stockings (not pictured) from last year along with our real stockings and my Christmas Chalkboard Countdown. Alvin, Simon and Theodore the snowmen sit on our TV unit whilst Gobbles the beanie baby turkey sits on our DVD stand out of reach from little doggy jaws. The odd bit of tinsel and my wreath in the hallway but taking pictures out there is a nightmare at this time of year for lighting. 

The house definitely feels more festive now that they are up and in plain sight 24/7 which in turn makes me feel more festive and that can only be a good thing. I've still to finish my Christmas shopping and then the real fun begins: present wrapping!
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Aww I love your little Roxie ornament, that's so cute! I really need to make me and Joe some stockings for next year. It'll be better when we redo the back room, that's where the fireplace is and it's a much larger space (but it's not heated so it's cooold during the winter). Then I can decorate the whole fireplace and hang things off of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a fireplace purely so I could do lovely little displays at Christmas. I grew up in an old Victorian house that had an amazing mantelpiece and my mum used to make it look absolutely amazing at Christmas time. I've always wanted to replicate that!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Cute tree! It looks very nice! I'm actually the total opposite and love complimentary colors together so I am a big fan of red and green... And I even like gold haha :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've always been a big fan of blues and purples so it's no surprise that my tree ended up that colour. My mum does an amazing pink and silver tree that always looks awesome. I'm in no way near as good as her at decorating but I think I'm getting better at least!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I love the little snowmen! And look at Roxie's cutie face too! We're still living in the house of no Christmas here, but the plan is to buy the tree on Sunday... that's the plan.
    I'm all about multicolour baubles on the tree and I have some Nightmare Before Christmas baubles that I love putting up and they go with nothing haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that a multi coloured tree can look so nice but I'm pretty hopeless at decorating so I much prefer just sticking to a few simple colours! That way the tree doesn't look unbalanced - which would drive me nuts. The snowmen light up but I don't have any batteries for them this year!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .