BLOGMAS: Monday Musings #48

December 01, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Welcome to blogmas!

So it's the first of December and already I'm starting to get into the Christmas spirit. Tonight I'm off to see a Christmas concert that the schools in my area put on in the Royal Concert Hall. Whilst I don't know anyone actually performing my sister is a teacher for one of the schools and she leads their choir so it's nice to go along to support her - and hear some Christmas tunes! At the end of the week I'm away for the weekend to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday so December is starting out all busy, busy, busy!

Anyway, here are this week's questions...

What is your favourite time of the year? 
I love the season of summer. There is something so fantastic about clear blue skies and feeling that warmth from the sun on your skin - which has been lathered in SPF, of course. It doesn't hurt that my birthday (and now wedding anniversary) is in the middle of summer which means that even if I'm not going on holiday there is always something to look forward too. That being said, I love Christmas too but I won't bore you with all that - just yet.

What is something you have always wanted since you were a kid? 
Oh I don't know. I don't think I've ever been particularly materialistic even as a child. I suppose I've always wanted a house. Now don't get me wrong I love my flat. It's a fantastic size and it keeps the husband, dog and I happy and comfortable but gosh, I want a house. I want stairs and a bathroom with a shower and a bath. I want a safe, enclosed garden where my adorable pooch and future kids can run about and play. I definitely wouldn't say no to a sweeping staircase and a library that could rival the one from Beauty and the Beast either!

What is the most recent dream you remember having while sleeping? 
Dreams are consuming my every waking moment just now. They sort of feature in my novel. I don't really remember too much about my last dream which is natural; you forget about 90% of your dream in the first few minutes after waking. The only thing I can remember is telling a doctor (not mine) that doctors had let me down in the past by never recognising my anxiety.

What confuses you? 
Human behaviour. So often I find myself baffled by how someone could do x, y, or z.

In what way are you your own worst enemy? 
I suppose I probably don't give myself the credit I deserve a lot of the time. I'm quite self-deprecating and negative concerning myself which I think sometimes holds me back from trying out new things.

When did you not speak up when you should have? 
Nowadays I pride myself for speaking up about things I feel passionately about but I haven't always been like that. I can think of multiple times, particularly at school, when someone was unnecessarily mean to myself or others and I didn't say anything, thinking that just ignoring them was the better option. I wish I'd given them a piece of my mind.

What is your favourite quote?
I absolutely love quotes so it's a bit hard to pick just one but this is a current favourite:
"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you." - A. A. Milne


How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. People are confusing, I agree. Fascinating at the same time though, because I really don't understand some people.

    Yay for Blogmas too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .