BLOGMAS: Monday Musings #49

December 08, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Holidays are coming. Holidays are coming.

Ah, my first week of blogmas is done and dusted and I think that you could say it was a success. This weekend we were away for a couple of days for my mother-in-law's birthday with a big group of my husband's family. I should have a blog post about it soon so I won't bore you with the details now. Still, it was nice to have a couple of days away, especially as we could take Roxie with us!

I can't believe how close we are getting to Christmas now. I really need to get cracking on with finishing my present shopping but I've found it ridiculously hard to know what to get anyone this year. Plus things are always more expensive than I'd like.

Anyway, onto this week's questions...

What is your favourite fictional story? (novel, movie, fairytale, etc.) 
I don't know that I could ever just pick one. I love getting lost in a good story no matter the medium. I think that Harry Potter is the ultimate fictional world for me although the whole some evil wizard is intent on killing you thing is a bit of a bummer. That being said, I think I'll always be a massive Potter fan.
Where or who do you turn to when you need good advice? 
I think I probably turn to my husband first. After all what else is he there for? That's why you have a best friend, right? If it's not something he can help with or something he's sick to death of hearing about I turn to my sisters and parents. They're always full of knowledge and wisdom. Giving good advice is like second nature to that lot!

What artistic medium do you use to express yourself? 
Writing is an artistic medium, right? The written word is where I express myself most. I write when I'm feeling low and need to get something off my chest. I write when I'm happy and excited and I want to share some good news. I write to express my creativity. I love words, I love writing. 

Who or what is the greatest enemy of mankind? 
Mankind itself.

What’s something you wish you had done earlier in life? 
I don't know. I think that I've done most things right when I'm supposed to. I'm a big believer that things happen for a reason so I don't necessarily wish I'd done anything earlier in life. Done something differently maybe but not earlier.

What is the closest you have ever come to fearing for your life? 
*Touch wood* I've never had a moment like this and I hope to never have one either. 

How do you deal with isolation and loneliness?
Whilst I'm not good with people I don't know or unusual situations, I absolutely hate being alone. It probably stems from having a stay at home dad, a mum that was always there if you needed her and five sisters. I was never alone growing up. I found it incredibly difficult to move out of my parents home and in with my now husband. When he left for work that first morning the silence was almost too much to bare. Nowadays, I always have Roxie at least but I've learnt to keep myself busy so I don't dwell on it. I'm always blogging or sorting out the house or planning for the next few weeks. Being busy definitely helps.

How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. Does having a tantrum count as an artistic medium? It should do... I love a good sulk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let it count ;) I'm pretty bad for getting easily irritated and going off in a little huff!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. If I had to pick my favourite fictional story I would say TVD. It is my favourite tv series atm and it has the perfect mix of friendship, love and supernatural elements. :)
    Love Q&A posts because they give me a different perspective and they are always inspirational.

    Have a nice week. xx
    Free Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never watched it although I have heard good things about it. Maybe I'll see if it's on Netflix!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I completely agree about mankind being mankinds worst enemy. Also, it's always lovely to take a few days away, even if it's just in a hotel for a weekend it's a nice treat isn't it!

    Emma | frillsanddoodads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister asked if we had a nice, relaxing time at the weekend and honestly I wouldn't say it was relaxing. Most of the time it was mayhem but it was so nice to spend time with our family and have a change of scenery.
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Being an only child I can deal pretty well with being lonely, I cam easily entertain myself for a few hours that's for sure. Saying that there has to be background noise - music, TV. I'd get lonely without some noise playing that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem with growing up with five sisters - you never get a moment's peace! For a long time I found it really weird to be alone although I'm better with it now. That being said, I don't like being alone in the evenings but I've no idea why!
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. I think I'd have to agree with your answer to the first question and say Harry Potter is my favorite! I don't reach much but I can never get enough of Harry and I really do love re-reading them... they never bore me! :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally grew up with Harry Potter. Most of the books came out the week of my birthday so I always got them as a birthday present and for a while the characters and I were the same age so I could sort of relate to them. I still love getting Harry Potter themed things or rereading the books and watching the movies now!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .