BLOGMAS: Monday Musings #51

December 22, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

So here we are at the penultimate Monday Musings, Christmas merely days away - even blogmas is almost over. I think I am just about ready for Christmas but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to be saying goodbye to yet another year. I'm glad that there is still a few days left in 2014, it has been a memorable year that's for sure.

This weekend was a busy one. My husband has his work night out on Friday as did my brother-in-law so I spent the entire day with my family chatting far too much, eating yummy food and snuggling with the dogs. There was rugby on Saturday which we won, thank goodness! Then Sunday rolled around and there was even more family time as we all descended on her house again to do some Christmas baking.

Anyway, let's take a look at this week's questions...

What could society do without?
The world would be a much better place if it wasn't full of numpties and morons.

What stresses you out?
What doesn't would be the shorter answer! If you've been around here for a while you'll know that I get stressed out easily by the little things in life as well as the big. I get stressed out if my house is too messy, about the future about making plans. I stress about meeting deadlines for tasks I set myself despite no one else caring. I'm just a big ball of stress - permanently!

Now that it’s behind you, what did you do last week that was memorable? 
Although technically it is longer than a week ago, I'm going to let seeing my younger sisters perform in their pantomime count as something memorable. It was fantastic to see them do so well at something that they had been rehearsing or weeks and watching their faces, seeing them enjoy themselves, just made it even better.

Where do you spend most of your time while you’re awake? 
In my house for sure. I keep myself busy with housework, blogging, the dog and writing in general so it's not nearly as boring as it sounds. Plus, I have people to visit most weeks too!

What makes someone a hero? 
Doing something notable and worthy of recognition. To be a hero, I don't think that people need to necessarily risk their lives.
 
When in your life have you been a victim of stereotyping?
I think the most prevalent type of stereotyping in my life is gender based.  I'm sure there have been many occasions and umpteen examples in my life but the times that seem to jump out at me at the moment are all sport related. "Girls can't play football" and "you only like rugby for the muscular men" are things I've heard more than I care to think about. 

When was the last time you felt lucky?
I feel lucky every day when I wake up beside my handsome husband and sweet little dog. I'm lucky that I have them and then a mere phone call away are all our other family members who are there for me through thick and thin. I might not have everything in the world but I still consider myself a very lucky girl on a daily basis.
 
How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

1 comment :

  1. Numpties... I haven't heard that word in ages!

    Stereotyping-wise. I used to fall in the blonde stereotype... now I apparently fall in the 'I must be bat shit crazy because my hair is blue type...' Generally people just think I'm stupid because I choose to make what they deem as 'not smart' decisions when in fact I'm actually super smart :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .