BLOGMAS: Things I Love About December

December 02, 2014

 photo DSCN1421.jpg

There are so many things to love about the month of December. After all, it is essentially a month dedicated to Christmas which makes it a pretty good month in my book!

There's a general Christmas cheer and spirit that comes with this time of year. People seem to be nicer and happier. That is when they aren't barging past you into a shop or pushing in front of you in a queue. Christmas is a time for laughter and giving so I like to spend as much time with my family as possible in December. They're normally full of the Christmas cheer. Well, except my dad who likes to pretend he's more bah humbug and less singing loud for all to hear.

One of my favourite things about December is going for a drive at night and taking in all the Christmas lights. Not so long ago, us Scots seemed to do Christmas in a pretty low-key fashion. We popped up a little Christmas tree and maybe, just maybe, the odd set of lights around our living room window. Nowadays though so many house in my area go to town on the decorations and lights with every inch of their homes aglow and their gardens covered with snowmen, reindeer and the like. I can't imagine what their electricity bill must be like! Putting up my rather modest decorations is always a nice way to start feeling festive, even if it does mean I'll sort the tinsel and rearrange the baubles on my tree about seven times in the coming weeks before I'm happy with it.

Of course, decorating the house can't be done without some Christmas music playing and, trust me, the cheesier it is the better. Last night I went to a Christmas carol concert which is the perfect way to get that festive feeling. Plus it makes a nice night out too! I also get to go see a pantomime this year which my younger sisters are performing in as a part of their theatre school which I'm super excited about. I haven't been to see a pantomime since I was eleven and that didn't have my awesome sisters in it!

Lastly, December is the perfect month for cosy couch snuggles and reflecting on the past year. I'm a big fan of using this month to look back over all I've accomplished in the past year and look forward to a new chapter. 2014 was a pretty memorable year and one I'm sure never to forget. I wonder what 2015 has in store for me...
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Pretty pretty photo!!
    When we were little we used to go and drive around in the car and look at the lights. Last year Kris and I went for a walk and even now that I'm an adult when I'm home we go for a drive or walk to look at the lights.

    I'm still waiting for people to embrace the Christmas cheer over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I talk about Christmas cheer I really mean the people I know are cheerier, not the public. They're as grumpy as ever. Haha. My family seem to be brighter knowing that Christmas is just around the corner but that probably just because they'll be off school and work!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Cozy couch snuggles is all I want to do in December! With the tree and yummy food - ideal! We can't really drive around much in London but will totally be taking trips to see the lights when I am in Manchester! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I barely want to leave the house in December but just stay snuggled up with some yummy food and the Christmas lights on!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Christmas music, the lights and decorations are some of my favorite things about December! I can't wait to go to Downtown Disney to see all the decorations there :)


    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome. I think December is all about Christmas to be honest. As soon as the calendar changes to the 1st everyone goes a bit crazy for Christmas - myself included!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .