Monday Musings #52

December 29, 2014

 photo IMG_9345-1.jpg

Well here we are at the last Monday Musings on the last Monday is 2014. I can't quite believe it was a year ago that I sat down to answer these thought-provoking questions for the first time. So much has happened in the space of twelve months and Christmas is already behind us with 2015 peeking just around the corner.

I hope that you all had an incredible Christmas, that you were all spoilt rotten and had an amazing time with your loved ones. I sure did! Although now, after all that preparation, I can't believe it's been and gone. It's thee same every year.

Anyway, for one last time, let's answer those questions...

When did you first realize that life is short? 
I don't know that there was ever a particular moment or experience that made me aware that life is too short, it's just something I've accepted for a long time. I know it should mean that I seize every day and every opportunity but I really don't. This is something I definitely want to address a little more in 2015. After all, even the longest of lives are too short. 

What is the most insensitive thing a person can do? 
I don't know. There are so many acts that could be deemed an insensitive thing to do. Perhaps playing on someone's insecurities, whether physical or mental, is a pretty insensitive thing to do especially if you are aware of the affect that as on them. Or maybe that's just being plain mean and not insensitive at all...

What can someone do to grab your attention? 
What does said person want my attention for? A simple call of my name would suffice. I'm joking although it does work too. I think that doing something kind and compassionate for others is likely to catch my attention. I like people who are just decent human beings and I sort of seek them out.

What do you usually think about on your drive home from work? 
Well as I neither drive nor work the answer has to be nothing. However when I was working my most common thought was probably how hungry I was and wondering what was for dinner. Either that or how freaking tired I was. Walking 2.5-4 miles in about an hour to an hour and a half each day was tiring work.

What’s one downside of the modern day world? 
Whilst technology is fantastic and I am guilty of using it all the time, I think it can also be seen as a downside to modern day living. It means that people communicate face to face far less than they used to. Hell, they don't even need to talk to each other any more what with twitter and texting making it easier not to! I think that this also has a detrimental effect on spelling.

What simple fact do you wish more people understood? 
There is no one way to live your life. It's okay to disagree and have a difference of opinions. In fact, I welcome it. The world would be a far less interesting place if everyone thought the same way all the time. Just because you don't like something/don't do something a certain way doesn't make you a "hater" or "wrong".

If you could do it all over again, would you change anything?
Except for a few, teeny, tiny things like over plucking my eyebrows as a teenager there is nothing I would change. I'm where I am now in life for a reason and nine times out of ten I'm pretty happy with it.

How would you describe your future in three words?
Still the unknown.

 
How would you answer this week's questions?



** Inspiration for this series came from Underland to Wonderland's Weekly Wonderings which also asks the same 365 questions found on this post on  Mark and Angel Hack Life.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

1 comment :

  1. Technology is a weird and wonderful thing! Before I met Kris, I wasn't too big on technology but it's a huge part of his life and it grew on me. I might be one of the few people that want to work on my social media presence in the next year haha, mostly for blogging but I also really enjoy the internet! I'm lucky Kris enjoys it just as much so he doesn't mind me tweeting about dinner :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .