Before I'm 30

January 16, 2015

 photo BeforeIm30.jpg

You may remember that I used to write a series called BEFORE I'M 25 in which I attempted to complete a number of things in the twelve months before July 19th 2014. That's my birthday in case you didn't know! Well now that time has been and gone, I'm beginning to think about my next "big" birthday. That Three Oh. Thirty. Yikes!

Now between now and (whisper it) thirty I still have four and a half years. Plenty of time to get some serious stuff done in my life, am I right? Well, here's hoping. In contrast to my before I'm 25 series I have some pretty big, life altering stuff on this list but there are still some little goals too. I hope I manage to achieve most of them!


LIFE
1. Buy a house with a garden
2. Have a baby
3. Learn to drive
4. Have a smile to be proud of
5. Start my own business
6. Have at least one date night a month each year
7. Grow a beautiful garden

HEALTH AND WELLBEING
8. Keep a gratitude jar for a year
9. Learn to be more confident and control anxiety
10. Donate to/raise money for charity
11. Take care of my body & mind (meditate, yoga, work out)
12. Do a good deed

WRITING AND BLOG
13. Do a 365 photo challenge (attempting in 2015)
14. Continue to blog and reach 500 followers
15. Edit first novel and decide whether or not to publish/self publish
16. Try a write every day for a year challenge
17. Write my second novel

HOBBIES/SPORT
18. See theatre (a play, not a musical)
19. See a ice hockey game
20. See a basketball game
21. See an American football game
22. See ballet
23. See a jazz band
25. Relearn how to knit
26. Try five new board/card games

TRAVEL
27. Visit the Harry Potter Studios
28. Visit Paris
29. Visit Rome
30. See the Northern Lights

What do you want to achieve by your next "big" birthday?
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

14 comments :

  1. Those are some awesome goals to reach before the big 3-0. I always thought I'd have it all together by the time I got to thirty but it was my birthday in February last year and straight after I started a new career and bought a house! Does just after you're 30 count?

    Good luck to you lady, hope you get everything you hope for.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It absolutely counts. I think even if I have the wheels in motion for some of these things to happen after I'm thirty then I'll be pretty chuffed. Still, I'll be even happier if I get most of them done before then ;)
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. You've picked some great things (we have a couple the same too as i'm working towards my 30 list). It's good to have goals, and also to see how they change over the years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like having a list of goals to work towards. It makes me feel like I'm doing something with my life! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Woo I think these are great goals! Totally good things which are achievable in that time frame :) x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! It'd be good if I could get to my thirtieth birthday and be able to strike most of these off my list. They aren't too far-fetched are they?!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. What a list! Also, that list website is pretty awesome too.

    I think you'll have these goals down in no time! Definitely a few shared ones there. Good luck and can't wait to hear how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to go for some sort of manageable ones so I don't get to my thirtieth birthday and am disappointed! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. These are great goals! I've always wanted to have a garden and for some reason when reading the goals with "garden" in them I immediately thought to the Sims game... haha whenever i play the Sims I always make sure they have a garden :P

    I would love to see the HP studio tour too!!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having a garden is the only thing I don't like about living in my flat. I miss it, especially in the summer, and I'd just love for there to be somewhere safe that Roxie can run about! It's an absolute must when we eventually move!
      Debi x

      Delete
  6. Perfect collection of goals, I'd say! I can't wait to read your blog through the next few years, seeing how you go about achieving them. I'm not sure what counts as my next big birthday; 18 is only this year so 21 maybe? It's hard to imagine myself in my 20s!
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lily. Oh, to be 18 (or 21!) again. Haha. Eighteen seems like such a long time ago to me now but most days I still feel like I'm about that age. To be honest, I still find it hard to believe that I'm in my mid-twenties now!
      Debi x

      Delete
  7. Wow that's quite a list with some big things on it! But you're right, you have plenty of time to achieve them all before the next big birthday! I would love to buy a house before I'm 30 but purely so I can have a dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a dog is the best thing ever. We waited until we had bought our own flat before we got Roxie and it's been the best thing we've ever done!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .