LIFE:: Dear 2015, Hopes and Ambitions

January 15, 2015

 photo Dear2015.jpg

Dear 2015,

I feel as though I should formally say hello to you and welcome you into my life. You and I didn't start off on the best foot now, did we? You rolled around with some pretty nasty earache that turned into jaw ache before causing some really horrible toothache. I suppose I can't really blame you for that though. It wasn't completely your fault and even if it had been there's still plenty of time for you to remedy your cruelty.

Your fellow sisters that have passed before you will tell you that I'm not really one for resolutions and I don't believe in the whole "new year, new me" attitude either. It's not that I disagree with that mentality; I just don't believe that I was really that rubbish in the last year that my life and I need a whole new makeover. That isn't to say that I couldn't do with changing a few things. I do. Of course I do. I can think of a few ambitions that I hope that we can share.

I want to really push myself with the writing this year, not only with this lovely little space on the internet that I call my blog but also with editing my novel and hopefully writing a second. At the very least I'd like to plan a second one. Whilst I know that I blog for myself I enjoy knowing that people are reading. It's been a long slog and has taken almost two years to reach 150 followers on bloglovin' but I really would love to reach 250 followers by the end of the year. It's not a massive goal. I know I don't lead the most interesting life or have anything amazing to say. Still, it's something I'd like to achieve so if you could give me a hand with that, 2015, it would be much appreciated. Plus, I wouldn't say no to making a bit of money from writing this year. Just saying.

I've also set myself a 30 book target on GOODREADS this year. Not only do I think that it will be good to get back into reading, I believe that by reading varied books I'll improve my writing style. If I want this first novel of mine to be any good then I really need to immerse myself in the world of words. 

To be fair, in my day to day life I'm not sure what I want to achieve other than overcoming a specific fear. You know the one I mean. Truth be told, you have a hard act to follow. Your sister, 2014, was a pretty remarkable year for me. We shared my wedding day and my incredible honeymoon in Portugal, not to mention several other beautiful moments that are sure to never be forgotten. I don't think that you are destined to hold any life changers like that but it's okay. I'm sure we'll get along anyway.

I'm looking forward to having monthly date nights with the husband and doing little bits and pieces that will build towards our future. It'll be nice to have a wee spot more money this year to treat ourselves. I don't want to go overboard on the spending though. I've always been more of a saver anyway. I can't wait to get doing a little more exercise with longer walks with Roxie again. I hope that we can do at least one proper, long walk every weekend and explore a bit more. You'll learn just how much I like that. 

I also want to make a few minor changes to my lifestyle. I want to be a bit more active and do a little less procrastinating. God knows it would be nice to stay on top of the housework so I didn't have a mammoth amount to do all the time. I want a routine that gives me plenty of time to blog and run my house, all the while editing my novel. It's going to take some work and discipline. Do you think I have it in me?

I know that we don't know each other very well yet, 2015, but I hope that we'll be firm friends. It might not seem like it but I have a lot of desire to make you one of my best years yet. There will have to be a bit of give and take from both of us, some compromise. We'll need to work as a team. Don't let me down, okay?

Debi x

Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. What a truly lovely post! I hope 2015 brings you everything you wish for and more!

    Joanna xx

    www.the-orchard.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post Debi. I'm not a big fan of the new year, new me thing either. I feel like, if you want to change yourself do it whenever don't just wait until January 1st!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Plus, you don't have to create a whole new version of yourself for a new year. Make a few little changes and it's amazing how much better a year you can have!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I enjoy the New Year as a way to plan the next, but no need for a new year, new me thing. I just like to start routines and things on Mondays, 1st's of the month and Jan 1st is like the ultimate start date! Shame it wasn't on a Monday as well.

    I'm sure you'll be on top of these goals in no time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good date to start new projects and routines (it being the 1st and all) but no need for a huge overhaul of your personality or life! I like starting things on Mondays or specific dates that have meaning too! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. We try and do a weekly date night, even if it's just watching a movie on the sofa, but normally we either eat out or grab a take away - it's basically at excuse to work through our huge list of places we want to eat out around us and gets us out of the house and away from technology. I was a bit iffy about it at first, especially doing it weekly because of money and being a natural saver, but it's nice to have those treats.

    Good luck with all your goals for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made up rough guides to dates for each month this year, doing something a little different each time. We already spend most of our evenings together watching tv/playing games/lying on the couch reading but it's nice to have some organised, structured dates too. I've thrown in a couple of nice treat ones throughout the year too!
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. I am at 100 followers on bloglovin, it climbs, but slowly, so I have a similar goal to you this year!! Good luck with the not procrastinating, I am not quite ready to tackle that in my own life just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to get stuck around certain numbers with my followers which at the moment is 150. I managed quite well with my no procrastinating rule this week but I bet I'm back to how I was come Monday!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .