LIFE: An Evening Walk in the Snow

January 20, 2015

 photo Winter3.jpg

 photo Jan16.jpg
 photo Winter1.jpg
 photo Winter2.jpg
 photo Winter4.jpg
 photo winter5.jpg

We haven't had a proper snowfall in a couple of years so when I looked out of the window late on Friday afternoon, I was pleasantly surprised by the flawless layer of snow that covered the ground. Well, I was once the husband bundled through the door at the end of his work week, safe and sound. Knowing he's driving in the snow always leaves me feeling a little anxious. 

Don't get me wrong, I have definitely gotten to that adult stage in my life where snow is more of an inconvenience than a beauty to be marveled at. It's cold and wet, and difficult to go anywhere in. Scotland is just not equipped for snow. Ever. However, just this once I allowed myself to be secretly thrilled by the winter wonderland that lay before my eyes. 

As soon as dinner was finished I thrust my feet into my not-so-sexy-but-with-great-grip winter boots, wrapped myself up in a few more layers and pulled my hat and gloves on. I couldn't wait to get out and make the first footprints in the freshly fallen snow. More importantly, I couldn't wait to see how Roxie would react. Let me tell you now it was adorable.

She bounced and trotted through the snow like she was on little springs, sniffing just about everything going.  She even sat in the snow just to watch it fall around her. Bare in mind that this is the same dog I struggle to get to sit on dry pavement/grass in the summer - she normally just does this weird hover thing where her bum never touches the ground. Cute, but not quite what I asked. 

We didn't stay out too long as I didn't want her to get too cold but she came home somewhat reluctantly. Apparently that coat of hers keeps her really cosy as well as looking cute! I thought a walk would have tired her out but no, she wanted us to keep playing with her most of the evening. I guess the snow even got Roxie excited.

Cute, huh?
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

10 comments :

  1. She does look happy! We've only had one snow fall over the Christmas and nothing much else, it's just too wet for snow :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I look out my window at the moment I have to remind myself that what looks like lovely snow is actually treacherous ice! I wish it would either melt or snow again - just so I could see Roxie playing in it again.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I love walking in the snow at night - it is so much more magical to see how the world is transformed even in the dark. Lovely photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so great for taking pictures though - the snow looked so yellow! Haha. My normal boring streets look so much prettier covered in a blanket of snow!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Aw glad Roxie was so happy with the snow!! I definitely love snow for a day then proceed to want it to disappear! No snow in London this year, just a whole lot of frost x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow is still here although now it's much more like an ice rink out there which I am not cool with!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Roxie looks to be enjoying herself in the snow that's for sure! Michigan certainly put me off of snow, seem far, far too much of it that it's no longer fun haha. It's weird though, as soon as snow hits, people forget how to drive, it's bad with how much of a norm it is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami and I were talking about this just the other night. We think that Scotland get it just right on the snow front. It's enough of a novelty that it is fun for kids and even a little exciting for adults but it's never really bad like the US or Canada. I do admit I hate it if Kami is driving home from work when it's snowing and lying on the main road in front of our house. It makes me so paranoid!
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. I don't like snow but it does make the most beautiful photos and backdrop. Lovely pics and Roxie is so cute :) x

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much snow! I've never seen snow before and I've never walked in it either... I've always wondered what that's like, lol. Roxie looks so cute!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .