LIFE: What I Got For Christmas

January 13, 2015

 photo WIGFC1.jpg

Okay, so I know that I'm late. Christmas has well and truly been and gone. Hogmanay and New Year's Day are nothing but a distant memory now. We're already quickly making our way through January so why on earth am I doing a what I got for Christmas post now? Quite simply, because I want to. I'm already struggling to remember what people bought me so I'll be able to use this post as a point of reference in the future.

Now, I'm not including everything nor am I bragging. (Do I really need to tell you this?) I know how fortunate I am to have so many family members who are kind enough to give me gifts. Honestly, I was spoiled rotten.

 photo WIGFCNails.jpg

NAILS
Nailene Salon Solutions: French Tip Pen Kit | Academy of Colour: Sequins Rock | NYC: 105 Lights Camera Glitter, 360 Peacock and 296 Water Street Blue | Revlon Parfumerie: Lavender Soap | Nails inc: Victoria | The Body Shop: Almond Nail and Cuticle Oil | Murrays Manicure: Emery board

Christmas 2013 was the year of the jumper and it seems like Christmas 2014 was all about nail products! I'm not complaining in the slightest. To be honest, my nail polish collection is pretty tiny or at least it was util Christmas. Perhaps you can expect a few more NOTD posts this year!

 photo WIGFCBeauty.jpg

BEAUTY (AND CANDLES)
Baylis & Harding: Sweet mandarin & grapefruit set | Kaeso: Rebalancing Collection | Lancome: Hypnose Drama | Radox: Chamomile & Jojoba Oil Shower Cream | Lush: Snow Fairy Shower Gel | Strawberry, Raspberry and Pomegranate handwash | The Body Shop: Soft hands, Warm kisses Shea | Blackcurrant and Orchid Scented Candle | George Home: Apple and Spice candles

One of my favourite things about Christmases and birthdays is getting enough bath stuff so that I don't have to buy any myself. Genuinely. They make the most perfect presents. I am looking forward to really getting into a routine using my Kaeso set and hopefully seeing a difference in my skin. It's a lovely set and I love the scent of Mallow and Cucumber. Both candles I got smell absolutely amazing and I can't wait to burn them although I might save the apple and spice ones for next winter!

 photo WIGFCBooks.jpg

BOOKS
The Good Girl by Mary Kubica | This is Not a Book by Keri Smith | The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyes | Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult | Ultimate Papercraft Bible

I'm glad that I got a few books as this year I have set myself a target of reading thirty books which averages out about 2.5 books a month. I have already read The Good Girl by Mary Kubica and you can expect a review soon. I want to do a few reading round-up on the blog this year as well as a few reviews so hopefully this will encourage me to read some more. I'm currently reading Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult and enjoying it. That being said, I'm not sure that it's one of her best. I'll have to finish it and see.


 photo WIGFCStationery.jpg

STATIONERY
Carnival Stripe A6 | A little bird told me A4 | A beautiful place to get lost | Paper Mate pens | Mia Felce Notebooks A5

Along with just about everyone else in the blogging community, I bloody love stationery. I have so many notebooks in my house that it is actually pretty ridiculous. Some of them haven't even ever been written in because they're "too pretty". My husband surprised me with the lovely set from MIA FELCE after I had shown them to him when I saw just how pretty they were. I can't wait to fill my notebooks with all my thoughts!

I also received tickets for the comedian Trevor Noah in September, clothes, lots of chocolate and some money which I plan to use to buy a new phone with. I know, I was absolutely showered with gifts and I'm truly grateful for each and every one of them. I'm a lucky girl.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

12 comments :

  1. Ooh you got some lovely presents! Love the "Find a beautiful place & get lost" notepad, so cute! And Mia's of course ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful, isn't it?! As are Mia's of course! I almost don't want to use any of my new stationery - certainly not for mundane lists and such! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Hi I love your blog so much I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Great work! :) X

    Katherinejazz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, lots of lovely lovely things! I'll admit, I'm always jealous that others get much better gifts than me. I shouldn't be, but secretly I am, every year. It's not even about the gifts, it's about the thought that goes into them and how they are perfectly suited to the person who receives them. Apparently this is impossible for family members in my life. Except Kris, he buys good gifts - he makes me say that ;)

    Rant over.

    You have a wonderful family and you have definitely been spoilt :) I think I might get some Jodi Picolt audiobooks to listen to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am a very lucky girl! I think that most of the people in my life know me better than I know myself sometimes and hence the great gifts I get. I always feel terrible when I think about what I got others when I see what they have given me but I guess it's just the thought that counts!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Lucky you! you got some lovely things :) I really want to read The Good Girl. I've heard it's very good!

    Sinead | Dreaming Again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a review of The Good Girl coming next week. Overall I thought it was a pretty good book!
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. So many lovely gifts here! It's funny how people always seem to buy similar gifts each year hey? I had a year where literally everyone bought me David Attenborough DVDs, it was like some odd syncing of peoples brains. But now I have a fab collection so I am not one to complain! Glad you had a fab Christmas x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'd love some David Attenborough DVDs. His voice reminds me of watching his tv shows with my dad as a small child. I loved them. Nowadays, Roxie would just bark all the way through them - she doesn't deal so well with animals on the television! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  6. You got so many great gifts! What phone are you thinking about getting?

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure yet.One that is fairly inexpensive though as my budget isn't all that much. I'd like to get one with a half decent camera and get an instagram account though! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .