RECIPE: Creamy Chicken Pasta

January 27, 2015

When the husband suggested making this for dinner the other week I couldn't say yes quickly enough. Not only is this a really tasty meal but it has some sentimentality to me. That sounds weird, right? How can a meal have sentimentality? Well, quite simply this was the meal that my now husband made the day after we got engaged. We had such a magical weekend when we got engaged that every time we have this dish I'm sort of transported back to that time.

Now, it's time to share it with you!

 photo CreamyChicken3.jpg
 photo CreamyChickenIngredients.jpg

Ingredients: Makes 2
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 100g smoked lardons (chopped bacon)
  • 5 tbsp dry white wine
  • 100g frozen petits pois
  • 7 tbsp double cream
  • 220g pasta 
  • Salt and pepper, if desired
  • Grated mozzarella cheese (additional)
Step One: Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.

Step Two: Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan (we used a wok). Add the chicken breasts and pour the bacon lardons into the pan with them. Cook over a high heat for four minutes.

 photo CreamyChicken1.jpg

Step Three: Turn the chicken over and stir the bacon lardons. Pour the white wine into the pan whilst keeping it at a high heat until it has almost evaporated.

 photo CreamyChicken2.jpg

Step Four: Now add the petits pois, pasta and double cream. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and stir well. Cover the pan and allow to cook for a further four minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through.

Step Five: Serve and sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese.

On a side note, I really need to get better at taking photographs of food. A mixture of steam, poor winter/kitchen lighting and my old camera isn't really conducive to great photography! Maybe this should be another of my goals for this year!
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

12 comments :

  1. I pretty much suck as food photography too. I never have great light in the kitchen, but it works a little better with the tripod. This does look super tasty, I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fab recipe and it's even better because I don't do any of the cooking - Kami does it all! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Yumm! I love anything creamy and cheesy, even if it doesnt love me! I hate taking foot photos at the moment too, our kitchen barely has any natural light on a good day so it is tough!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like all my photography for recipe posts in the next few weeks is pretty rotten but I don't know how to make it better with such bad lighting/old camera. Oh well, so long as the food still tastes good then it's fine ;)
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Yum! As soon as I see wine in a recipe I know I have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. The husband doesn't drink wine so it means that I get a little glass whenever we make something with wine in it. It's a pretty rare treat!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Cheese, bacon *and* chicken? Definitely yum! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's pretty much my idea of heaven!
      Debi x

      Delete
  5. Yum sounds and looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm chicken & pasta - a weakness of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would happily eat chicken and pasta every day for the rest of my life. Well, maybe not but I do really love it!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .