Sisterhood of the World TAG

February 12, 2015

It's been a long time since I did a tag on the blog so when Lily (who was my BLOG OF JANUARY, don't you know?) tagged me in the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award I thought, "What the hell! Why not do it?" So here I am doing exactly that.


 photo ManyfacesofDebi.jpg

1) What have you always wanted?  Did you ever get it, or are you still wishing?
I can think of a few things that I have always wanted, one of which springs immediately to mind upon reading this question. For the longest time I wanted to have a Jack Russell Terrier. The husband and I talked about getting one for about four or five years before we picked Roxie up from the rescue centre and brought her home. Honestly, she's been the best thing in our lives since and I'm definitely a JRT lover!

2) If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be?
I don't know. To be honest, I quite like being twenty-five. It sounds grown up but I'm still young enough to be silly a lot of the time. I'd say it's a pretty good age to be.

3) What do you find uplifting?
Spending time with my family as they never fail to cheer me up. I'm honestly so lucky to have the wonderful people in my life that I do. Not everyone can say that their five sisters and husband are also genuinely their best friends. There is always laughter and good times to be had whenever we all get together. 

4) What’s the weirdest thing about you?
Where do I begin? I guess you could say the fact that I like the smell of wet dog is pretty weird. You know, that freshly out of the bath scent on their fur? Yeah, that. My husband hates the smell! 

5) What’s the first thing you thought when you woke up?
Like most days I think about having one more cuddle with the husband before getting out of bed.

6) When was the last time you bought something, and what was it?
Honestly, I am not one of those people who buys things all the time. I don't usually have the money and even if I did I'm far more likely to save it for a rainy day. That being said, I made a little purchase at the end of January with some of my Christmas money that was much needed. After having a hand-me-down phone for the past three or four year I finally bought myself a new phone at the end of January - the first one I've bought since 2009. 

7) Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks, or some looks for intelligence?
Well, seeing as I don't have much of either... self-deprecating humour...  No, I kid. Sort of. I think that I'd probably trade looks for intelligence. I'd like to think that people like  me for more than just how I look so it isn't as though I'd be missing out on much. If I was more intelligent then I could really hold my own in conversations and be able to do a whole lot more with my life. 

8) Do you have a strong local accent?
Whilst I most certainly have a Scottish accent it isn't particularly Glaswegian or stereotypical Scottish so I would say no. I think if you know the differences though you could probably tell I'm from West coast Scotland at least. 

9) What’s your favourite line from a film?
"What this old thing? I only wear this when I don't care how I look!" from It's a Wonderful Life. 

10) Have you ever been the subject of a rumour?
If I ever have been I don't really remember now. I'm sure there was probably something stupid at high school as kids and teenagers are always spreading gossip about things that they know absolutely nothing about. It won't have been something massive or particularly incriminating though.
 photo Sisterhoodoftheworldbloggersaward.png

Now my turn to ask the questions... 

1. If there was nothing holding you back, no lack of money and no fear, what would be the first thing you would do tomorrow?
2. Where is the one place that you've always wanted to visit but you just haven't gotten around to it yet?
3. Who is your hero? Why?
4. When you picture your future, what do you see?
5. How would you describe yourself to someone who had never met you, in five words?
6. If you could be better at one thing or skill what would that be?
7. What would you like to have accomplished by the end of 2015?
8. If you were to write an auto-biography what title would you give it?
9. If you could live anywhere in the world for one month, where would you live?
10. What is your favourite thing to do to pass your time? Do you do it often enough?

And my nominations are...
Kerri from CRUMBS IN THE BED
Rachael from DEAR MS LEIGH
Sinead from DREAMING AGAIN
Michelle from LIFE OUTSIDE LONDON
...and anyone else who wants to do it.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

8 comments :

  1. Ooo ta for the tag, I actually got tagged earlier in the week so i'll throw them both together and get answering! The last thing I brought was some envelopes and sticky tape, i'm living the exciting life me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! ;) I bought some fabric paint last night for a little project I've got going. A whole £2! I'm such a big spender ;)
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Haha I definitely do not like the smell of wet dog! that's pretty funny that you do :P that's great you bought yourself a new phone! and thanks for nominating me :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I think I just like the smell of Roxie straight after her bath. I know it's an odd one but it's true!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Ohh thanks for the tag! Totally love your questions too, will need to do this! Would love to hear your accent, I do love the Scottish twang! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I think you'd probably be disappointed by my accent. I don't think it is as Scottish as people think it will be!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tag! I told myself that I will do them this year and stop being such a party pooper. I'll get on with this on the weekend!

    Oh I just read through all your questions and thought, "meh, I could answer them" and then I realised that you wrote your own! Your questions are good too!

    Last thing I bought... popcorn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with some popcorn!! I had a craving for some at the weekend but we got some Pringles instead. Exciting stories here!
      Debi

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .