Three Things

February 26, 2015

 photo Athought.jpg
I've been having trouble writing this past week. I've been faced with blank page after blank page, the whiteness staring back at me, judging. I have been too easily distracted by that which is going on around me than to sit down for an hour or two to edit my novel or write a decent blog post. I don't want to write for the sake of writing, just to produce content, but when writing is my therapeutic way of working through troubles and problems, reducing stress, I feel like I need to - for myself.

At the moment, my mind either feels jumbled and messy like an old attic that no one has ventured into for years, thoughts talking loudly over each other becoming confusing and unsettling or it feels empty, numb, ten thousand thoughts floating around in my head silently whispering to each other. I can't seem to focus and it's driving me crazy. Whenever I have a moment of clarity I've barely known what to do with it. 

When my brain feels so congested that I don't know whether to laugh or cry, I think that it is integral to my well being to step back and focus on the little things. So today I'm appreciating the warm cuddles from my beautiful little dog who just seems to know when I need her love a little bit more than usual. I'm grateful for my health and the fact that I have a man who, for some unknown reason, actually loves me. Of course, I'm also appreciating the yummy taste of potato scones and a cup of coffee. It really is the little things.
 photo Amoment.jpg

Talking of appreciating the little things in life... On Monday morning (the worst morning of the week) Roxie came bounding in from her quick morning walk with my husband as I still, rather lazily, snoozed in bed. She jumped on the bed, gave me a few quick kisses on the nose and then pawed her way under the duvet to lie along beside me for a cuddle.

Some of you are quite possibly thinking "Gross, dog kisses and a dog in the bed. Yuck!" but honestly, I think this is one of the sweetest things ever. With Roxie being a rescue dog, it's amazing to see how far she has come. She is far more loving and playful than ever before and I like to think that's because she is truly happy with us.
 photo Aquote.jpg photo Quote1.jpg

This quote feels apt for this week and how I've been feeling of late. I've said it a million times but I'm always focused on the big things in life and comparing what I have with what someone else has, and it is no way to live. The little things, the little moments are the parts of my life that I'm going to look back on in twenty years and be truly grateful for. Seemingly insignificant moments will develop a sentimentality in my mind and will be looked on with fondness and happiness. I've just got to keep noticing the little things...
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. Love this post =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a little bit thrown together but I think it has potential ;)
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I hope next week is better for you!. I need to find somewhere to unload my head, but I keep sleeping instead haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Already things are starting to look up. I'm pleased that rubbish week is behind me now. Hopefully I don't have another one like that for a long time!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Monday mornings really are the worst :( hope you have a better week!

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate Mondays at the best of times. There's nothing good about the first day that the husband has to go back to work!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .