Dear Spring

March 20, 2015

 photo dear spring.jpg


Dear Spring, 

I think that it's fair to say that we've seen you pop in once or twice over the last week and, honestly, I cannot wait for you to move in for the next couple of months. Winter always seems to overstay her welcome with dark, dismal day and cold spells that send me scurrying under the duvet. You are infinitely more positive.

Upon your arrival the days stretch, becoming longer, our evenings gradually becoming lighter and lighter until I don't have to close the curtains and switch on the lights until long after I've eating dinner. All around there is new life. From cute, little lambs frolicking in the fields to tiny green buds appearing on the trees you make your attendance known. Colour comes flooding back into our once bleak world. Suddenly the grass seems greener, the sky is bluer and the flowers burst into full bloom, filling our gardens and streets with brilliant purples, fresh yellows and stark whites. Everything seems prettier when you're around.

Now don't get me wrong, when your lease is almost up and your packing up to let summer take your place I'll be glad for the change. It isn't that I don't like having you around - I do. It's just that as you melt into summer I'm greeted with really long days and hot temperatures, my birthday and first ever wedding anniversary, shorts and bikinis, ice-cream and days spent exploring the great outdoors. How can you compete with all that? 

Don't hurry away just yet though. I'm looking forward to having you around to brighten my day and truthfully it'll be nice for you to chase away the dark mornings too. You know, so I can stop struggling to get out of bed in the morning.

Enjoy your stay with us, Spring. I'm sure you'll be wonderful.

Debi x
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I love spring =] great post.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never used to be bothered by Spring but I absolutely love it now. Still, it isn't as good as summer though!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Yes all over! I think spring is on its way, but seems like it's struggling a little here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be doing okay so far here. I know we'll end up with a tonne of rain soon but these sunny days lately are fab. Plus, it's nice not to be freezing anymore. I hope spring comes to Belgium properly soon!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. So ready for spring after this long winter! Loving the longer days already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the longer days make me so much happier! Haha. It feels like forever since we had some decent temperatures!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .