LIFE:: 7th March 2015

March 10, 2015

I've been meaning to do a photo an hour post for a while now but when most of my days are filled with housework, writing and reading. It's not exactly the most exciting idea for a blog post now, is it? So when the husband opened our date challenge for March (another detailed post pending) and it suggested we get out and soak up some culture it seemed like just too perfect an excuse to give it a shot.

 photo 9am and 10am.jpg 9am:: The best thing about Saturday mornings is all the cuddles from Roxie. She is such a cuddly little things when she want to be and I have to admit that I love, love, LOVE when she rests her head on me and just snuggles in. Cute! 

10am:: There is nothing quite like driving through to Edinburgh in the pouring rain, am I right? I'm so done with this weather now but hopefully we'll see much better weather again soon. It'll be nice to stop having to wear a jacket at the very least.

 photo 11am and 12pm.jpg 11am:: We might have gotten a little bit lost after the husband took a wrong turn on the way to the museum which added another half hour onto our journey. I did tell him that I thought that was the turn and Edinburgh's odd one-way roads and confusing layout totally exacerbated the problem. Still, we got there in the end.

12pm:: Upon arriving at the National Museum of Scotland we got our tickets for the Game Masters exhibition and decided to spend the next hour looking around the actual museum. One glance around the main entrance and I knew exactly where I wanted to go. The skeleton of the tyrannosaurus rex from the doorway and it had to be there! Natural science fascinates me, especially when it has dinosaurs and awesome animal exhibits!

 photo 1pm and 2pm.jpg 1pm:: The Earth in Space exhibit in the room next to the natural science one was pretty fantastic too. All the little sparkly lights in the dark room were super cute and relaxing. I've decided that I want a room like that in my mansion. You know, when I get one.

2pm:: The Games Exhibit featured over one hundred playable games, showcasing a number of amazing concept art and storyboards from a number of well known games. From arcade games such as Space Invaders and Pac-Man to the popular Mario Bros. games to games hailing from Scotland such as Grand Theft Auto and Lemmings, this exhibit  was a big hit with the husband for sure and plenty to keep me entertained too! Unfortunately it was a no photography zone so it was a bit of a blogger's nightmare.

 photo 3pm and 4pm.jpg 3pm:: Leaving the museum to  some sunshine made a change to the dreary weather we've had to put up with lately. Edinburgh is a lovely city but my heart will always belong to Glasgow. Plus, the city centre always seems so much bigger and more confusing than Glasgow but it is beautiful.

4pm:: Driving home from Edinburgh, we watched as the weather got progressively worse as we travelled back west which is super typical. Hulk didn't seem very pleased that the weather was getting worse either.

 photo 5pm and 6pm.jpg
5pm:: This little one was absolutely besides herself when we walked back in the door. There were kisses and cuddles galore plus an ample amount of playing to be had before she crashed out on the couch and slept like a log for the rest of the night. What a cutie-patootie!

6pm:: Good to see that we know how to stay healthy. Am I right? A tasty munchie box from the Indian stuffed full with yummy food was all that was required to complete a really lovely day with my favourite man on the planet. There is something that is just too good about junk food.
 
 photo 7pm.jpg
7pm:: Sandwiched between my amazing husband on the couch and a snoring Roxie with the duvet while we watched television in the rest of the night. I would have continued to document the day if we had done anything else even remotely interesting but we didn't. Nope, we didn't move from the couch until we dragged ourselves, and the duvet, to bed.

Good times. Happy faces.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

8 comments :

  1. Love this post =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a good day :)
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun day out, I remember getting all lost around Edinburgh once, not the easiest city to drive around. Love the museum there though, and the food box looks epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day out. I love going to museums but we've done pretty much all of them in Glasgow! Edinburgh is a pretty confusing city to drive around. It's the worst when you think that you just need to take one turn, only to realise that its a one way street and you end up going miles in the wrong direction!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. You picked a great day to document! Games exhibit sounds bloody marvellous.
    You'll need to tell me more about this munchie box malarkey, it sounds like something I need in my life!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased to manage to do a photo an hour project successfully and on an interesting day too! The munchie box is ace. It's a pizza box stuffed full with vegetable pakora, chicken pakora, muhroom pakora (yuck!), donner meat, chips and naan bread. It's so good!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. Kris would have loved the games exhibition! Our natural history museum is renovating until 2016! so half of it is closed :(

    I'm kind of glad we don't drive anywhere, I can imagine we'd get lost quite often. We seem to always get lost on foot, let alone in the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The games exhibition was cool but super busy. There were people everywhere which wasn't great for my anxiety levels but I managed! I loved the national history bit though, that is right up my street! Shame that yours is being renovated but maybe it'll be awesome once it reopens.
      I've got quite a good sense of direction normally when we are out and about on foot but put me in the car, throw in some one way streets and I'm lost in a matter of minutes. This is definitely partly the the reason why I don't drive yet! Haha.
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .