My Summer Bucket List

May 20, 2015

 photo flower.png

It's undeniable how much I love summer. I wonder if it has something to do with the six week summer holidays that we had as children or maybe it's more to do with the bright blue skies that stretch out in front of us, warming us to the bones. More likely it had something to do with the fact that my birthday is smack bang in the middle of July. There is something rather fantastic about spending time with family, eating too much cake (and food in general) and opening presents now, isn't there? Now that I have my wedding anniversary at the beginning of August that's a second excuse for presents, right?

Living in a flat with no garden it becomes imperative to make the most of the sunshine when I get the chance which means that whenever the husband is home and the sun is shining brightly we head out to explore the world. Already I am thinking about the places we should visit, the things that we should do, the adventures we should experience.

  • Have a BBQ. One of the best things about having a birthday in the middle of the summer is the excuse for a BBQ in celebration. However, it is a little bit hit or miss living in Scotland but I'm sure we will manage to squeeze in one or two during the sunnier months.
  • Visit St.Andrews. As a child we used to always go to St Andrews in the summer but I haven't been in a few years so I want to remedy this with a trip with the husband and pooch. I'm thinking a wander on the beach and maybe even a cheeky ice-cream. Sounds like a good day out, doesn't it?
 photo Dunfermline Abbey.png
  • Visit Dunfermline. This is another place that we used to go as children but I don't think that the husband has ever been so it might be quite nice to take him. I love having a wander up by the Abbey.
  • Go away for a couple of days. I'm currently keeping my eye out for a good deal on groupon for the husband and I to go away, with Roxie if possible, for a couple of nights. No where fancy, for no real reason other than to get away from our day to day routine and relax. We aren't sure when, where or even if we actually will but it's an idea.
  • Write consistently. The beginning of the year wasn't kind to me in terms of keeping up to date with blogging. I had a bunch going on in my personal life that I didn't feel like sharing and it sapped all motivation for writing my normal drivel here. I really want to work hard to consistently write three times a week and hopefully stun you with some beautiful photography too.
  • Spend some quality time with the family. This refers to some quality one on one time with the husband but also with my parents and sisters, and the in-laws. I genuinely believe that there is nothing better than being in the company of those that you love.
  • Visit three new places. Experience three new things. It doesn't have to be anywhere amazing nor does it have to be something completely off the wall that I experience for the first time. Maybe I'll try a new food or flavour of ice-cream. Maybe I'll learn a new skill. I don't know yet but what I do know is that I want to just do more.
  • Read two to three books a month. I really want to keep reading and complete my reading challenge on goodreads. The only way that I can realistically do that is to maintain the amount of reading I have been doing lately. 
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

5 comments :

  1. Great goals - especially a BBQ. We're off yo one with friends this weekend, but we really need to get around to buying ourselves one of those huge gas BBQs that's so stereotypically American. My summer list involves a theme-park, zoo trips and a road trip, and lots of time working and enjoying the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list =] Mine is to make cards and take more pictures.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bucket list! Let's hope the weather will allow you to have a BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh Summer is just the best ^.^ Lovely list! Wish I was up the other end of the island so I could explore Scotland! Have a beautiful time ^.^ xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for goals! I like these ones, they seem quite realistic, none of this "pop to the moon one afternoon" larky.
    I have a work BBQ coming up sometime in the summer. I'm still trying to come up with an excuse not to go ;) I'm not a big fan of BBQs... or extended time with work people.

    I'm all for some trips and trying new things though. New ice cream flavours are my favourite thing about summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .