Dear June

June 03, 2015

 photo Dear June.jpg


Dear June,

I can't even believe that I am writing those words. How on earth can we already be storming our way to the halfway point of 2015? Wasn't it only yesterday that we were clinking glasses and toasting to a new year?

I think that it is fair to say that the beginning of 2015 hasn't exactly gone to plan for me. It hasn't quite been what I had hoped but fear not. There is still a whopping six (almost seven) months left to change all that and you best be believing that I'm going to try my hardest to make the latter half of 2015 a cracker. And it all starts with you, June.

I feel like, with your arrival, I can finally stop with the backward glances and hopeless longing. Maybe it's the longer days, the allure of bright blue skies and warm sunshine on my skin (I hope) but having you with us makes me feel infinitely more positive. After all you will be dropping summer off on our doorstep come the 21st and I can only hope that you'll bring proper summer weather with you.

There is so much that I want to do this month. I want to re-establish a good writing routine as well as up my exercise game a bit. I'm not looking to do anything crazy, just get out for a good long walk more often and maybe dabble in a bit of yoga. I'm no fitness freak by any stretch of the imagination but I want to take care of myself a little better and with your arrival and summer within reach, I just think I might be able to do it.

Hopefully, you'll bring us some good weather on the weekends so I can get out into the world with my two favourite things in this world and explore. I'm daydreaming of day trips with the wind blowing in my hair, leaving jumpers behind as the sun dances on my skin (which is lathered in SPF). I want to be able to throw on my shorts and a vest top and know that I'm not going to freeze. 

I don't think that I'm asking too much, June. In reality all I want is some good news, some nice weather and a chance to start moving onwards and upwards. That isn't really too much to ask now, is it?

Debi x
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

3 comments :

  1. Welcome to June! Here's hoping it'll be a good month for you and the great start the second half of 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure New Year was yesterday, but I'm pretty sure it was sometime last week haha. Every time the month ends, I have a mini melt down about time... I think I need to re-evaluate my thoughts on time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. June is super scary because it's a month off us being home owners for a whole year. I dislike how quickly grown up life is heading! Doesn't feel like June half the time with the weather here mind, even turned the heating back on the other day - chilly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .