Happy 18th Birthday, A & T!

September 18, 2015

 photo Happy Birthday A and T.jpg

Dear Abbi and Tiia,

I consider myself a lucky girl. Very lucky indeed. 

Eighteen years ago today just before four in the afternoon I became a big sister, not just once but twice over, to two amazing girls who I am so proud to know. When dad told us that you had been born I burst into tears, terrified that I wouldn't be the good, big sister that I so desperately wanted to be to you both. I wanted to be someone who could take care of you, offer you advice as you grew up, share in silly little games and jokes. I wanted to be someone you could be proud of and look up to, someone you would be pleased to call your sister and friend. I hope I've done you proud because I know that you sure as hell have!

I feel blessed to have been able to watch you both grow into the amazing people that you have become. To see you grow more confident in yourselves and share in each and every moment, big and small, has been incredible. From drawing with blood on the living room door to having you walk down the aisle ahead of me last year there hasn't been a dull moment with you two in my life. Sure, sometimes you were pains in the neck and sometimes it would have been nice to have a little space without you tagging along but I wouldn't take a day of it back.

It's great to not only call you my sisters but two of my very best friends. Not everyone gets to have a relationship like ours and that makes me feel even luckier! Both of you are truly incredible. Not only are you beautiful (don't pull a face or roll your eyes, Tiia!) but you are intelligent and talented, bold and courageous, loving and compassionate. Oh, and cool and fashionable too. Who could forget that?! It seems to me that you both got all the good genes and qualities. Maybe you got my share. It would explain a lot!

Abbi, over the years you've become so opinionated and outspoken - and I mean that in the best way possible. It makes me jealous at just how easily you stand up for what you want or believe to be right. And don't even get me started on your sarcasm! If I could have even just an ounce of your courage to do half the things that you have done and do... Well, I don't know what I'd do with it. Your confidence and acting talent astounds me every day.

Tiia, it's your humour that always gets me. You're so goddamn funny! Your quick wit and never ending stream of silly faces and voices will never fail to have me smiling. You can probably thank dad for teaching you the basics in that but really you've taken it all to a whole other level. Just like with Abbi, seeing you display so much confidence and talent, especially with your acting, never gets old. It makes me so proud to see you excelling at something you so clearly love.

I hope that you both realise just how much you mean to my little world. So all I've got left to say is happy 18th birthday, girls. I can't wait to see where the next eighteen years takes you. Just please let me come along for the ride. Oh, and don't mention that in eighteen years time I'll be forty-four or I might have to punch you.

All the love in the world,
Debi x
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

1 comment :

  1. Too sweet! What a lovely friendship (or sistership, I should say) you guys have!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .