Happy Birthday Kami!

November 27, 2015

 photo Kami 26.jpg


Dear Kami,

It seems as though this is going to become a thing; writing you a letter (or rather a blog post) for your birthday where no doubt I'll want to tell you how important you are to me, how amazing you are, how much I love you. You know, all that good stuff to inflate your ego. You can think of it as another birthday present although it didn't cost me a penny. It just came from the heart. Are you feeling nauseated yet?

So how was being twenty-five? I think that if you take away all the absolute rubbish that happened to us over the past year and focus on the positive it's been pretty damn good to you. You started American Football and whilst perhaps it drives me crazy sometimes, robbing me of time with you and football-free Sundays, I absolutely love seeing you so passionate about something. That's the thing about you, Kami.: you never do anything by half measures. Everything you do is done with 100% commitment and dedication. You just can't help but want to truly immerse yourself in something you love. 

We managed a couple of holidays this year, unexpectedly getting a weekend trip to Amsterdam and then Yorkshire. It's funny to think how different we felt on each of those trips emotionally. With Amsterdam there was a buzz of excitement, a huge wave of happiness and in Yorkshire that was gone, replaced with a hidden sadness; the beginning and the end of something beautiful. If those trips taught me anything it's that we are always so much better, so much stronger, when we are together. We really do make a formidable team.

There's been umpteen day trips or date nights this year and I've enjoyed every single one of them. We celebrated our first wedding anniversary with an amazing meal and sailed on past our tenth anniversary, smiles still on our faces. Life is good when I'm with you. The truth be told, I enjoy every day I get to spend with you and I count myself so lucky that we are together. 

When we look back on this year in the future I don't want us to think of it with sadness. I can't deny that we've lost so much in the past twelve months but 2015, when you were twenty-five, is the year we grew stronger than ever. It is the year that I truly appreciated how good we are together, how sure I am that I don't want to walk down the road of life with anyone else by my side. It is the year that I realised nothing can break us. The support and love you give me every day through the good times and the bad is incredible. You're incredible. I never want you to forget that.

So today you turn twenty-six. You're now closer to thirty than you are twenty and that might be a scary thought but together we can conquer anything. My only hope for this next year is that we get everything that we ever dreamed of, that things finally start to work out for us, that everything just falls into place. I don't know about you but I sort of this that we deserve it.

Have an amazing birthday, Mr T. I love you with all my heart.

Forever yours,

Debi x
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

1 comment :

  1. Just catching up now and I hope you guys had a lovely celebration together!
    You know, I might have to borrow the odd quote from your letters if I ever have to write one for Kris :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .