I've Started a Second Blog:: Jack Russells and Rainbows

November 04, 2015

 photo jrtandrainbows_1.jpg


Okay, okay, stop laughing. I'm being serious here. Are you done? Can I continue? Good.

It might sound absolutely crazy for me to have just begun a second blog especially when this one has been so severely neglected the last couple of months. Actually let's not pretend that I haven't neglected it for much of the year. I have and I'm sorry. I'm not only sorry to those of you who for some crazy reason enjoy this spot on the internet but also to myself for almost giving up on something that brings me so much joy.

Here's the deal: I have struggled a lot this year emotionally and mentally due to the pregnancy losses I have experienced. When your whole world feels numb and you don't quite feel like yourself it is hard to sit down behind my laptop and write about things that seem so frivolous - especially when there are much bigger things going on in my life. And so I have neglected Dib-Dab-Debs. It really disappoints me to have to write those words but we're all friends here and there's no point in lying. Dib-Dab-Debs has fallen by the wayside and I've struggled time and time again to find the inspiration and motivation to begin this writing journey again.

You see I really miss being able to write this, that and the next thing about my life. I enjoy documenting the frivolous while exploring the more important topics in life. I love all the joy and freedom that blogging has brought me over the past two and a half years and I don't want to give it all up now. The only problem is I can't forget the massive part of my life that is my failed pregnancies and the desire for a new, successful one - and I don't feel like I can always write about that here.

During the time that I have been blogging I have cultivated a small group of readers that come here for the frivolous, the adventures, the nonsensical ramblings of a twenty-something. I know many of them are younger or not interested in starting a family whether that be now or ever. I don't want to clog up these pages reliving the sad times of this year or chatting about any future pregnancies that I may have when so many of my readership just wouldn't be interested. However, I can no longer ignore that it is the inability to talk freely about these things that is preventing me from blogging like I used to.

With that in mind I decided to start a new blog, JACK RUSSELLS AND RAINBOWS, where I can talk about that part of my life. I'm not expecting you all to rush over and follow it nor do I expect you to give a rat's ass about it really but I just thought I'd leave this here all the same. It is my aim to run both blogs simultaneously, the frivolous and the serious side by side. With any luck having somewhere that I am able to express my thoughts on the rollercoaster that is trying to start a family will allow me to return to my old blogging ways here. 

That's the aim anyway.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

6 comments :

  1. I hope it's not patronising to say well done, it's your world and your writing and how you want to put that out into the universe is entirely up to you. So if this is how you want to do that I'll be there, reading all of the words that you write!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. That's so nice of you to say so.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I'm with Michelle. It's your writing, your life and if two blogs is your jam, then I can't wait to support you either way :) I hope this new direction helps re-ignite your love of writing and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerri. I'm glad that its my nonsensical ramblings that you enjoy and that you'll join me on this other journey :)
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Ditto to all of the above - it's absolutely your life and I'll be reading along with both of your blogs (and keeping everything crossed that 2016 is a much much better year for you) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisa. I hope 2016 can be better for me too. It can't really be much worse than this year now, can it?!
      Debi x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .