2016:: Ambitions

January 08, 2016

 photo 2016 Hopes and Ambitions.jpg


It's that time again where I look to the new year and wonder what I'd really like to achieve. It never really differs much from year to year which I don't think says anything good about my ability to complete goals but I enjoy writing a good list so I'm doing it again this year.

LIFE
  • Let's not pretend that this isn't my primary aim for the year: have a successful pregnancy.
  • Complete another 12 month date challenge like last year.
  • Explore more new places.
  • Fix all the little things around the flat that need fixing and re-paint the spare room.
BLOG & WRITING
  • After a complete failure with blogging last year after unforeseen circumstances got the better of me I hope to be able to keep up with my schedule of two blog posts a week.
  • I'd love for Dib-Dab-Debs to reach 200 followers.
  • I'd love for my other blog, Jack Russells & Rainbows, about trying to conceive to reach 50 followers.
  • Improve my photography. I'd love a DSLR so I could use all the settings properly but I can't afford that so I'm just going to have to strive for great photos on my little point and shoot!
  • I want to write a second novel although I only have a very rough outline of what I want it to be about. It definitely needs work, and lots of it.
  • Find that "writing voice" again.

HOBBIES
  • See more ice hockey, American football and rugby.
  • After the failure of my reading target in 2015 (I aimed for 30 but only managed 15!) I have set a more modest target of 20 books. My GOODREADS just in case you are interested. Also, give me some recommendations!
  • Get a bit more crafty this year.
  • Re teach myself to knit and actually knit something. Anything. Perhaps a blanket?
What are your hopes and ambitions for this year?

Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

3 comments :

  1. All sounds like awesome ambitions! I've still not decided on my goals for the year, there are lots of buts I want to do a bit of soul searching first! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these goals! My main goal is to really push my blogging this year, I don't know why, and I probably will only do a half hearted effort at it, but I really feel like doing that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning to knit (again) is on my list of to do's too. Eventually I'll get my head around it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .