Green Smoothie with Apple & Spinach

January 29, 2016

In a bid to be healthier and up my intake of fruit and vegetables I've decided to make more smoothies, particularly for lunch. Who knows how long this so-called health kick will last but I thought I would give it a shot. There's nothing wrong with even having a few days here and there of better eating habits. I'm sure everyone can relate to the over indulgence that Christmas brings (I still have a cupboard stacked with chocolate and sweets!) and it feels like about time that I do something about being healthier! So here we go.

Normally a berry smoothie kind of girl I thought that I would try deviating from normality and try a green smoothie. I jumped onto PINTEREST and found a whole lot of inspiration. The following smoothie is an amalgamation of a couple of recipes so that it suited me more.

And for my first foray into green smoothies it was pretty damn tasty!

 photo Apple and spinach smoothie.jpg

Green Smoothie with Apple & Spinach
Makes 2

1 Medium Green Apple
1 Stalk of Celery
2-3 inches of Cucumber
Two Handfuls of Baby Spinach
200ml Almond Milk
Splash of Lemon Juice

For this recipe I made two servings and stored one in a sealed bottle in the fridge for the next day. I gave it a good shake before I had it the second day. Obviously, smoothies might not keep for the next day so use some common sense. If it looks brown or smells off throw it out!!
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for a nice green smoothie recipe so will give this a try!
    Zoe | floral and feather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you do. I really liked it.
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I tried a green smoothie once, and it was just kind of weird. But I've made my own, so maybe I need to give it a go and then I'll be converted to the green smoothie club. I like to go for a banana smoothie, or banana and date/mango/cocoa powder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, green smoothies are weird, especially if they have veg in them. They taste nothing like you would expect a normal smoothie to taste but I actually quite liked it. It's the best way for me to up my intake of fresh fruit and veg though. That mango smoothie sounds tasty!
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. Right now every morning I blend some spinach and berries (blackberries, blueberries and raspberries) with some water and I get a yummy beautiful (it's purple) juice for the morning. I have been wanting to try a green smoothie though, so I will definitely save this recipe! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .