Marvellous Mondays || January

January 25, 2016

Just a couple of weeks ago I was thinking about how I miss having a blog series on the go, something that can pop up weekly/bi-weekly/monthly and fill a little gap in my blogging schedule. I used to have MONDAY MUSINGS and BLOG OF THE MONTH posts but I'm looking for something new and fresh for this little space on the internet, for 2016, and I think I have the perfect idea.

Please allow me to introduce Marvellous Mondays, my little round up of the best of the month.

 photo Marvellous Mondays Jan.jpg

On the last Monday of every month, I'm going to share all my favourite things, experiences and a little bit of blog love. It seems like the perfect way to document all the good from each month which is really what this blog is all about.

So here we have it: January.

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Spending New Year's Day with my family eating too much food, watching movies and chatting. We had Christmas dinner with Kami's family and so that meant that we spent NYD with mine as we alternate every year. We all know how much I love family time.
  • An impromptu evening drive out to Stirling to see the castle all lit up at night. While in a bit of a silly mood I had said "Let's go to... Stirling!" and Kami insisted we did even though it was already dark - and raining! There was absolutely no reason why I said Stirling. It was just the first place to pop into my head!
  • Having a spontaneous date at the ice hockey with my lovely husband. I'm really enjoying my sport at the moment, just don't overdo it though or I'm ready to have a breakdown. Of course, it was made even better with a winning result. Braehead Clan 7 - 4 Dundee Stars. 
 photo Winter Walk 3.jpg
  • Snowy winter walks with my favourite pair in the whole world! 
  • January Date Challenge was a complete success. It was a much needed pamper day with massages, face masks and my favourite berry smoothies! Stress free and perfect.
  • Re-learning how to knit. It's slow going but I'm getting there. I'll be a pro in no time!  

 photo January hobbies.jpg
PROJECTS & HOBBIES 
  • Cleared out the wardrobe after receiving a pile of new jumpers for Christmas.
  • Read two new books that I got for Christmas, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson. 
  • Started a daily afternoon walk with Roxie providing the weather isn't horrendous! This might not sound like a lot but she can be an uncooperative nuisance when I take her for a walk and it can be incredibly stressful. So far so good! 
  • Colouring in my new books that I also got for Christmas. I won't lie I also headed out and bought myself a pack of pens specifically for one book because I knew it would look much better that way. I could spend hours each day relaxing by colouring!

FIVE FAVOURITE POSTS FROM OTHER BLOGGERS

What are your best moments from January?
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

8 comments :

  1. You can't beat a bit on last Monday of the month positivity! Except with a bit of knitting, having my hands busy makes me ridiculously calm. Did you enjoy Before I Go To Sleep? I've had the book for an age and committed the ultimate sin of watching the ruddy film first at the end of last year! The story was interesting though.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I hadn't read Jemma's post but it was brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    2. I've not seen the film but I did enjoy the book. I liked the way in which it was written (through her journal). Need to find me some more books to read.
      Glad you liked Jemma's post!
      Debi x

      Delete
  2. I always love a good blog series and this sounds awesome! I can knit but never got hugely into it, I find crochet so much easier!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried crocheting. Maybe once I've got knitting down I'll give it a go.
      Debi x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this idea! Don't worry I won't steal it haha. I think I'll have to check out the Me Before You book, I'm always looking for more things to read, I'm determined to read more this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I'm glad that you like it. I hope I don't forget to keep it up! I liked Me Before You, even if it had its flaws, and finished it within 24 hours. Granted, it was a quiet 24 hours!
      Debi x

      Delete
  4. I like posts like this that look back at the positive/good moments in life. Spending time with family and eating a lot of food is always a good combo!

    I definitely need to clean out my closet. I have so many things in my closet that I don't even wear anymore! I could definitely use the space. I also need to buy a new set of drawers... mine are broken and so I am kind of living out of my laundry baskets lol oops

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .