What I Got For Christmas

January 04, 2016

I'm not going to lie: for a twenty-something, I get a ridiculous amount of presents from my family - and these aren't even all of them. Granted, there is quite a lot of them but seriously, these people are far too kind to me!

I know that not everyone likes a What I Got for Christmas/Birthday style post. Some people think that it's bragging or showing off, some people think it's overly materialistic and some people just don't see the appeal. For me this isn't showing off or bragging. To be honest, I could have gotten a whole lot of socks for Christmas and it would have been more than enough but I didn't. My family chose to spoil me and it makes me so grateful and happy. The real reason I'm doing this is because it's nice to remember some of the things that I got for Christmas 2015 next year too!

 photo 12 stocking.jpg
My £12 Stocking from Kami: Slipper Socks | Donald Duck Tsum Tsum | Notebooks | Yankee Candle Cinnamon Stick | Wool and Knitting Needles | Liquorice


 photo Make-up.jpg
Real Techniques Core Collection | Tanya Burr Cosmetics Champagne Toast | Volume Million Lashes Excess by L'Oreal Paris | Seventeen Cheek Stamp in Blush | Seventeen Stay Time Concealer in Fair | Anastasia Brow Wiz in Dark Brown | Armani Code | Infallible Mattifying Base by L'Oreal Paris | Infallible 24H-Matte by L'Oreal Paris in Vanilla | Tanya Burr Cosmetics Fairytale Eye Palette | Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit | MUA Matte Perfect in Transluscent | Real Techniques Eye Starter Set

 photo Christmas Jewellery.jpg
Wooden Circle Necklace from Estonia | Hope Charm Necklace | Love Charm Bracelet | Deathly Hallows Necklace

 photo Books.jpg
The Calm ColouringBook | Harry Potter Colouring Book | Colour Yourself to Calmness | No Place for a Lady by Gill Paul | Me Before You by Jojo Moyes | Before I Go To Sleep by S. J. Watson

 photo Hand-home made.jpg
Gifts made by family: Purple Striped Jumper (Mum) | Berry and Cream Jumper (Mum) | Snood, Gloves and Hat Set (Sister, Emma) | Purple Scarf (Estonia)

 photo hp hoodie boots.jpg
Harry Potter Jumper | Ankle Boots 

As I say, this is only a selection of my gifts as I got more clothes, sweets, tickets for Adam Hills and new yearly set of pyjamas! I know that I am ridiculously lucky to have people who like to give me a number of presents. Kami and I don't have a lot of money ourselves, nor do we often spend much on frivolous things, but to us Christmas is a time for family and treating them as much as we possibly can. So yes, it does seem like a lot and yes we ate more food than normal but it is one day that we all get together, treat each other and makes some bloody good memories. I'm truly grateful for that.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Aw looks like you got loads of awesome bits! We also usually go big on Christmas, the ideal time to buy lots of pressies for the fam :)

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you really did get treated! I love the charm necklace!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .