Behind the Blog || Pretty Purple Polka Dots

February 05, 2016

You may have seen me over on twitter talking about starting a new series for this little space on the internet and here it is, finally gracing your screens! Please allow me to introduce...
 photo Behind the Blog.jpg

The whole idea behind this series is to find out a little more about the blogger behind the blogs that we read from day to day, dipping in to what they do for a living, hobbies and a wee bit of who they really are from day to day. Today we get to find out a little more about the lovely Aoife from PRETTY PURPLE POLKA DOTS.

 photo 32b4030.jpg

1) Tell me about your day to day job.
At the moment I'm studying a Masters in Magazine Journalism. I'm hoping that will soon turn into a full time writing job at a ladies lifestyle magazine - how great would it be if I could talk about books for my job! 

2) What did you study to achieve the qualifications needed for your chosen career? 
Well there's the Masters, but I also did a BA in Journalism in Dublin for three years before this. I think uni is a great help in that through my two courses I've made great connections and carried out three fantastic work placements. 

3) What three skills do you think you need for your job? 
You need to be a people person and sociable - there's a lot of interacting with others, both in the office and in interviews. You've gotta be punctual - if you've got a deadline at five, it has to be in by five. Not ten past. You need to be thick skinned - you'll be turned down A LOT at the start, and you need to be ok with that and not take it personally. 

4) Where do you see yourself in five years time career-wise? 
I'd absolutely love to be working as a staff writer or staff editor in a women's magazine. Preferably starting a book section - books and reading are my first love so I'd love to incorporate that and get the world reading again. 

 5) Aside from work and blogging, how do you like to spend your time? 
Reading! I also love cooking and trying out something new to eat, so that would take up a lot too. 

6) If you are being completely honest, how would you describe yourself on a day to day basis? 
Wake up | Snooze alarm multiple times | Go into uni for lectures etc | Work on my blog if I have time | Home for dinner, using leftovers as lunch the next day | Read until bedtime 

7) What one thing would you like to be better at? (It can relate to your job, social life, hobbies, whatever!) 
I wish I could play guitar. I promise I wouldn't be that douchey person at parties.

8) How would you describe yourself as a person, honestly and candidly?
If you gave me three words, I'd say loud, loyal and outgoing.

A massive thank you to Aoife for being the first in the Behind the Blog Series. If you would like to be a part of this series please don't be afraid to get in touch. You can tweet me, @dibdabdebsblog or email me at dibdabdebs[@]hotmail[.]com . I would absolutely love to hear from you!
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. The best bit about this blogging lark is finding out more about the person behind the writing isn't it? Really enjoyed this. And Aoife, my husband is already THAT guy at parties, people seem to freaking LOVE him - learn the guitar!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! I need to reply to your email ASAP too! I've been a bit busy lately with work.

    Loud, loyal and outgoing, I quite like that description!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding out more about the people behind the blogs (guess that's why I love twitter) - looking forward to seeing more of these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw this is nice!
    Playing the guitar would be so cool, but if I could choose any instrument I would love to learn how to play the violin... it's such a beautiful instrument, I love violin music. I think it's super hard though so I don't know if I ever will actually learn :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .