Behind the Blog || Amber Love

March 11, 2016

 photo Behind the Blog.jpg

A second Behind the Blog post means that this is definitely a series now, right?

Today I'm handing it over to Amber from AMBER LOVE to find out a little bit more about her outside the world of blogging. I've got to be honest it's nice to find out what people are studying/have studied as I had no idea that half of these degrees and such were even available! Makes me feel a bit dim for not studying something brainy! Anyway... Moving on.

 photo Amber ALB.jpg

1. Tell me about your day job.
I don't actually have a job at the moment, sort of. I'm a student in my last year of a Biochemistry degree which takes up my whole life pretty much! I have a non-contractual job or something weird like that with a catering company at Portsmouth football stadium but I rarely go now I'm coming up to my thesis deadline and exams.

2. What did you study to achieve the qualifications needed for your chosen career?
Not every career needs a degree, but if you want to go into research, like me, you have to. Like, the things I know from my Biochem degree, it's like a new language pretty much! So yeah for what I want to do I need this degree! It's also given me those classic skills employers wants like teamwork and organisation... and what else are they even looking for?!

3. What three skills do you think you need for your job?
Lab skills, analytical skills... and I guess good writing skills.

4. Where do you see yourself in five years time career-wise?
Five years time... I will have hopefully have completed my masters and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be in a job I love, either working in a lab, or writing for a science magazine, or maybe even doing a PhD if life goes that way. 

5. Aside from work and blogging, how do you like to spend your time?
In the little relaxation time I have I like to paint. Not well, not well at all haha, but there's something tranquil about smushing colours onto paper! Occasionally I go outside, though I'm trying to make that happen more as I'm hunched over my desk most of the time.
6. If you are being completely honest, how would you describe yourself on a day to day basis?
 Boring?! Haha all I do is study! Determined and stressed...

7. What one thing would you like to be better at?
Blogging! And painting, which I can slowly improve at with practise.

A massive thank you to Amber for being a part of the Behind the Blog Series. If you would like to be a part of this series please don't be afraid to get in touch. You can tweet me, @dibdabdebsblog or email me at dibdabdebs[@]hotmail[.]com . I would absolutely love to hear from you!
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Yay for Amber! A favourite person of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was better at blogging and painting too! ๐Ÿ˜…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .