Marvellous Mondays || February

March 07, 2016

Let's pretend that this isn't a week into March and not at all the last Monday in February like I had planned for this series. Life (and poor weather) got in the way. I did think about posting it on Tuesday the 1st of March but then it wouldn't have been a Monday would it? And that would have annoyed me way more than this situation so yeah. Here it is. A week late. Cool? Cool.

February has been a more trying month for me, a little up and down. It is months like these that I think that it is more important than ever to focus on the good. I prefer to let the good things shine brightly in my memory, let the bad linger in the dark. Life always looks better in the light.

So let's just get to it, shall we.

Here's February...
 photo Marvellous Mondays Feb.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS

  • Bright blue skies and gorgeous sunsets. Is there anything better than the beauty of bright sunshine on cold winter's days? We were lucky to have several cloudless days this month and it completely raises your spirits.
  • This month's date challenge was particularly good. We had an indoor picnic in the living room surrounded by candles. It sounds super cheesy, but doing something like an indoor picnic is a perfect way to step away from technology for an hour or two and spending time in each others' company. Perfect. 

  •  photo February Carnations.jpg
  • I bought some cheap Asda carnations at the beginning of February and they are still going strong into March. I love that you don't have to spend a lot to have something beautiful in the house.
  • My sister's baby shower weekend. Well, it was less of a baby shower and more preparing the baby's room for their arrival in April! My sister has struggled through her pregnancy which has meant that she has struggled to get all those things prepared. I love decorating and nothing makes me happier than building flat pack furniture - especially IKEA stuff! 
  • Spending a few hours for a couple of days in dreamland. Imagining what it would be like to actually have MY DREAM EURO ROAD TRIP.
 photo clan tickets.jpg

PROJECTS & HOBBIES

  •  Kami won tickets to the ice hockey through a twitter giveaway so we had a nice little surprise trip to another game this month. Fortunately we were given four tickets so we also took my younger sisters with us for their first ice hockey match - on Valentine's Day, no less. To make things even better my younger sister won tickets to the ice hockey again two weeks later. Yes, that's right two free ice hockey matches! Woo hoo!
  • I continued with my colouring addiction and made a start on my Harry Potter book. When you have a month where things just don't seem to go your way spending time getting lost in a simple hobby such as colouring is often all that is needed.
  • February saw me begin my spring cleaning. Whilst I always keep my house clean and tidy, I always find that February/March is the perfect time to get started on all those little jobs that are too often forgotten about. I still have much to do before that list of mine is cleared though!
  • When we moved into our flat four years ago we had plans to change the ugly old-lady carpets, particularly in the living room. We have done much of the decorating that we wanted to (although the spare room still needs a fresh coat of paint) and now we have turned our thoughts to that hideous carpet. It won't be the cheapest task but we are hopeful to find a nice new carpet soon - one that doesn't show dog fur too easily.

FIVE FAVOURITE POSTS FROM OTHER BLOGGERS

How was your February?
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

2 comments :

  1. Congrats to your sister!

    I've thoroughly enjoyed the odd blue sky that's passed by lately, it definitely makes a change from all the rain and hail we've been having!

    Yay for spring cleaning, I'm thinking of doing a bit of my own sometime this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome at winning ice hockey tickets! Carpets are so annoying to choose - although i'm having a similar dilemma trying to pick bathroom floor tiles. Too many choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .