This Is Me

March 04, 2016

 photo This is Me.jpg

One.  I have an unsettling fear of space. Sometimes I catch myself thinking about how the earth is this giant ball just floating in space, nothing physically holding us in place, and it scares the hell out of me. I wish I could be someone who was into physics, the universe and the inner workings of everything but I'm not. I'm too scared to even think about it most days. It makes my stomach drop and I feel a bit sick. Enough space talk.

Two.  I am a true crime addict to the point that I worry that if I was accused of a horrendous crime the police would use it against me. I like watching documentaries, listening to podcasts and reading up on true crime stories. I can't really put my finger on why it interests me but it does! It is very important for me to point out that I wouldn't hurt a fly and don't have a malicious bone in my body. For crying out loud, I'll let things go just to avoid some very minor confrontation!

Three.  I love history. In fact, I love history so much that I sort of wish I had decided to study it at university instead of spending three years at college studying Television Production which was fun but ultimately, for me, useless. I especially enjoy European history, particularly anything to do with the World Wars, Russia in the 1900s and general Scottish history.

Four.  When I was really little, like pre-five years old, my mum used to work the night shift and would often nap in the afternoons. Occasionally I would lie in bed beside her wide awake and match my breathing with hers just to pretend to be asleep. Apparently my dad would come through after a little while to check on us to see if I wanted to play or whatever and I'd act all sleepy and tell him that I would in a few minutes. It seems silly but to this day my family seem to think it was adorable.

Five.  You know how after you have been out with someone, a friend or whoever, and you get home and talk to your family about your meeting? See that conversation? I over analyse it until I am sure whomever I spent the afternoon with actually hates me and thinks I am off my rocker for saying this or that. I've been like this since I was a kid. In fact I remember coming home from my primary school best friend's house and worrying incessantly what she and her parents were saying about me. Further proof of this paranoia is when I went out with Kami to meet some of his internet friends, spent time talking to some of them and then proceeded to convince myself that they all thought I was weird. I'm totally normal. Okay?!

Six.  I still use a pay and go mobile phone. I mean, it's not a Nokia 3310 but I just don't see the point in getting a contract when I would spend more on it than I actually would "use", if that makes sense. I don't even put data on my phone but instead just connect to the WiFi of my family. It's great as it doesn't cost me a penny but it does mean instagramming that amazing sunset has to wait until I get home. Yes I am living in 2001. Deal with it.

Seven.  Some days I wish I was the kind of person who would pull off tattoos and piercings. I used to want my lip pierced when I was about 14 but my mum was having none of it. I'd also love some tattoos but I am a major wimp and honestly, I don't think that I could pull them off. You know how some people just don't suit tattoos? Yeah, I'm that person. Today that makes me sad.
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

4 comments :

  1. Thinking about space terrifies me too. I couldn't even watch Gravity because something about space walks makes me feel sick to my stomach. I'm also totally with you on be true crime! Forensic Files on Netflix is my current addiction. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this! I'm also such a true crime lover, I've just been planning a post on true crime podcasts as they are my total fave!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get a headache when I think too much about space, lol I'm like "...we are just on this big ball... floating in the middle of no where... with blackness surrounding us and it never, ever ends..." umm... woah!! it's so crazy!

    also, I over analyze so many conversations that I have with people too. I need to stop doing that lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pay and go all the way! I have never even considered a contract phone.

    Me and physics do not get along, weirdly, it's such an easy topic for Kris and I do disagree about, we have to oddly heated debates about physics and space - he really loves it, I think it's a waste of science haha. I prefer not to think about the giant floating ball in space - seriously though, how come we don't just fall...?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .