Letters to Connor #1

November 22, 2016

 photo PB201178_zpsty0kluo7.jpg

Dear Connor,

As I start to write this you are sleeping in your pram, wearing your little star onesie, after being fed by your daddy. You keep making the tiniest, little squeaking noises as if to remind me that you are really here, that this isn't all just an elaborate dream. But you are a dream. Everything about you is amazing.

It was never an easy road to get to this point and getting you into this world was no walk in the park but you are so worth it. I'd do it all over again so long as I got to see your little handsome face each and every day for the foreseeable future. Every time I look at you or hold you in my arms I feel like I need someone to pinch me. I want to soak in every, tiny little detail of your face and store it safely away in my memory. I want to remember how your tiny fingers grip mine and how your bottom lip quivers when you think about crying.

I think you look so much like your daddy right now but absolutely nothing like me! You definitely have his nose at least but there is something else that I can't quite put my finger on. All I know is I am lucky to have such a beautiful pair of boys in my life! It'll be nice if you can grow to be a nice mix of the two of us - even if you only get my thick hair and not your dad's... thinning hair! I know I am biased but you are definitely the most handsome baby boy I have ever seen!

I don't want these newborn or baby days to pass me by too quickly but equally I cannot wait to see you grow up. It'll be amazing to watch you grow and achieve all your goals, to teach you new skills, to see your personality grow and develop. I cannot wait to see the difference you will make on this world. You may only be two days old but you have already made such a difference in mine. You are my world. 

I love you so much, Connor. I know that will never change. Thank you for making me the proudest mummy in the world.

All my love always,

Mummy x
Next Post Newer Post Previous Post Older Post Home

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. It means so much to me. I try to reply here but if you want a quicker reply feel free to tweet me @dibdabdebsblog

Scroll to Top
Content © Dib-Dab-Debs ∙ Blog template by NatuRia Designs .